XM stations - missing high station numbers

Reviving my old thread here, anyone else want to chime in? I never got the stations in the 300's in my truck... is there some kind of update I need to get those stations? I can get them on the app, but not in the truck.

I have a 2018 LT and my buddy has a 2018 WT custom. The custom type of radio can pick up the 300's but the LT radios do not. We have the same level of XM subscription. I have told many of my customers this.   - Former Chevy sales consultant

Edited by Black GMC

This appears to be a GM problem. I have a 2019 Buick Enclave and it also cannot get the higher number channels. When I look up my vehicle on the SiriusXM website it lists those channels as streaming only. Yet my 2019 Ram receives those channels. Either Dodge has a special deal or GM radios cannot receive those channels. 

• 2 months later...

I have a 2017 LT Z71 All Star and my SXM only goes to station 222 and then back to 0. Although when you click browse it shows higher numbers along the left side but will not allow me to access them. This is very frustrating since I am driving a $50K truck and my wifes 2018 $30K Accord has a lot more channels she can access on her sxm. This really pisses me off!

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd bring this back to the top to see if anyone has found a solution or a GM software update to fix this? I just bought a 2018 Sierra SLT from my father in law, and was also surprised to not get the 300 stations. My 2018 BMW X5 gets them, and now I miss them. :(

48 minutes ago, sgiangregorio said:

I thought I'd bring this back to the top to see if anyone has found a solution or a GM software update to fix this? I just bought a 2018 Sierra SLT from my father in law, and was also surprised to not get the 300 stations. My 2018 BMW X5 gets them, and now I miss them. :(

Only way I know of is to use the app on your phone, it has every station (that is part of your subscription package). Just use Bluetooth or the USB cable, and your phone is the media source.

22 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Only way I know of is to use the app on your phone, it has every station (that is part of your subscription package). Just use Bluetooth or the USB cable, and your phone is the media source.

Thanks. I did some more reading, and learned about the XM vs Sirius radio platforms. So it's not possible. Bummer, but at least with CarPlay the Sirius App is there and more fluid than just via bluetooth.

• Like 1