Got the 295/70/18 Ridges put on

Keep in mind your dic is now off, because of the tire size change it won't give you a true reading. Not that it's accurate in the first place. If you hand calculate it after correcting for tire size change, you'll get a true reading of mpg.

7 hours ago, Daly said:

I wouldn't be surprised if 14 is your new best. 

It should get better than 14. I have a 6" lift and 325/60r20 KO2s and get 16 mpg average on 87. 

As for the OP's question about rubbing, just find where it is rubbing and trim a little bit. I pulled the fender liners back on my truck and it fixed the rub I was getting at full lock in reverse.

I think this is what I'm going to run next, I currently have 275/70r18 with 2.5" Level/lift and an AAL.  I get aboud 15-17mpg in summer (I work the truck hard though), and have no rubbing issues.  As AdamJ said, just do some investigation on where it does rub and you should be able to zip tie the liners back.  I'm curious if you do trim or anything post some pics up.  I'd be interested to see how they look at full lock.

I'm running 295/70R17 Ridge grapplers which works out to about an inch smaller height but same width, my guess is you are rubbing at the minimum the inner fender, easy fix there.  Poke a hole in the fender liner and pull it back with some zip ties.  Also trim the corner of the black plastic cap with a utility knife, you should see where you are rubbing.  

The driver side has the e-brake cable that you might be rubbing on as well.   

20170312_135602.jpg

Edited by aaronarf
  • Like 1

I have had this exact set up for about a year. I love it. I drive 60 miles to work and back home every day. The Nittos are wearing evenly and haven't gotten any louder since I put them on. Good choice and your truck looks awesome. Makes me wish I'd bought white.

resized2.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RaginCajun337 said:

I have had this exact set up for about a year. I love it. I drive 60 miles to work and back home every day. The Nittos are wearing evenly and haven't gotten any louder since I put them on. Good choice and your truck looks awesome. Makes me wish I'd bought white.

resized2.jpg

Thanks! That black looks really good too.

• Like 1