Oil pan question

Recently came across an engine oil pan for the 5.3. My question is are the oil pans the same for 4x4 and 4x2 models? I need to be sure before purchasing. The one I'm looking at came off a 2003 sierra and mine is a 2000 suburban 4x4. Need to replace this ugly looking thing asap lolc69d64fca021521608c5601d7bb2a797.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I can say, when I upgraded my '04 Sierra 3500 w 6.0l gas/4l80e from 2wd to 4wd, there was no clearance problem with the oil pan.  And IIRC, the oil pan looked the same as the one in the '06 Sierra 2500hd that I pulled the 4wd parts from.

That said, what's wrong with your pan that removal, some buffing, and a new gasket won't fix?

6 hours ago, arielleon90 said:

Recently came across an engine oil pan for the 5.3. My question is are the oil pans the same for 4x4 and 4x2 models? I need to be sure before purchasing. The one I'm looking at came off a 2003 sierra and mine is a 2000 suburban 4x4. Need to replace this ugly looking thing asap lolc69d64fca021521608c5601d7bb2a797.jpg

What is that black compound?  Using Henry's roofing compound to seal the gasket leak?  Can't you buy a gasket clean up the pan and put it back on?

To answer your question. Yes it will fit.

From looking at the picture though I think they added a longer bolt because they stripped the threads.

A new oil pan wouldn't be a bad idea if that was the case.

I can say, when I upgraded my '04 Sierra 3500 w 6.0l gas/4l80e from 2wd to 4wd, there was no clearance problem with the oil pan.  And IIRC, the oil pan looked the same as the one in the '06 Sierra 2500hd that I pulled the 4wd parts from.

That said, what's wrong with your pan that removal, some buffing, and a new gasket won't fix?
Mine is leaking oil from were the black jb weld looking thing is located. Looks like the previous owner just went the easy route instead of fixing it correctly

What is that black compound?  Using Henry's roofing compound to seal the gasket leak?  Can't you buy a gasket clean up the pan and put it back on?
Looks like jb weld not really sure. That's all the previous owners doing I'm just trying to fix it lol. I could but from the looks of it it'll be better replacing the whole thing as they modified the bolts from the block off plate that's there

To answer your question. Yes it will fit.
From looking at the picture though I think they added a longer bolt because they stripped the threads.
A new oil pan wouldn't be a bad idea if that was the case.
Same thing I was thinking so I wanted to fix this problem before letting it go to the next person if I decided to sell

Unless the pan is warped, just clean it and reinstall with a new quality gasket.  Make sure you torque the bolts in sequence.
Looks like they added longer thicker bolts to the block off plate there and some jb weld so it's leaking oil. So to avoid the hassle of fixing it and maybe doing a worse job than it already is. I'm going to just replace it.

40 minutes ago, arielleon90 said:

Looks like they added longer thicker bolts to the block off plate there and some jb weld so it's leaking oil. So to avoid the hassle of fixing it and maybe doing a worse job than it already is. I'm going to just replace it.

Ok,  Pan is probably cheap enough, modified bolts? Jeesh......If that is the case....Better take your sweet ol time down there and let it drip empty for a 1 day with pan removed

Clean every thing and bolt holes check all the threads to make sure nothing has been changed......run taps through clean....mating surfaces "SUPER CLEAN"  BUY BRAND NEW BOLTS AND WASHERS WITH LOCK WASHERS So go to ACE and buy slightly longer bolts.  Use Lock TITE suck it up in proper sequence over torque just slightly............AND NEVER GO BACK UNDER THERE TO THAT MESS!  Do a half ass job and you will be revisiting!

Archived