Alexa and MyChevrolet

Does anyone know if you can add MyChevrolet to the skills for Alexa?   I saw a commercial last night where someone was able to tell Alexa to start their Jeep.  I figured I might be able to do it as well.  I've searched the forum and google and have struck out so far.

Ryan

34 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Gm is like apple. Always a few years behind on technology. 

Really? Wasn't GM one of the early adapters of starting and locking your vehicle with your phone outside of some luxury brands? Ditto with Apple and Android car play, I think many others were late with that where GM has had it for some years now...

Tyler

4 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Really? Wasn't GM one of the early adapters of starting and locking your vehicle with your phone outside of some luxury brands? Ditto with Apple and Android car play, I think many others were late with that where GM has had it for some years now...

Tyler

Gm announced that feature in 2013. It’s piggybacked off of Onstar. Ford had their own app with similar features in ‘15. F150 has massage seats. When will GM offer it?

I just tested "OK Google. Start  my truck". Got prompted to install the OnStar RemoteLink app. Turns out this app is nearly identical to the MyGMC app which I already have. In either case, a Google Assistant voice command to "Start my truck" simply opens the app. You still need to authenticate and then click through two pages to actually start the truck. Definitely not cool enough to show off.

• 9 months later...

Replying to an old thread.  Solution for it has probably already been found.  But there is an Alexa GMC skill I enabled & connected it to my GMC account & can say "Alexa, ask GMC to start my truck".  It will reply with asking me what the PIN number is, I say it & it will then start my truck.  BUT, you have to have the OnStar feature to start the vehicle with the GMC phone app.

Edited by samckitt

• 3 months later...

I found that with the alexa app on your phone, you can play amazon music through it on the radio, tell it what you want to play and see the album art on the display screen. You can setup play lists and play them by telling it to play xyz playlist.

Edited by samckitt
  • Like 1