Pics of leveling kits with stock wheels

On 2/2/2019 at 2:45 PM, rudyb said:

I took a few photos today and tried to grab as many relevant measurements as possible. It was easier for me to upload everything to my blog to keep from getting the thread off topic. Head over to https://roodeebee.blogspot.com/2019/02/silverado-ride-height.html for details. You might be able to go 1" larger diameter than the 275/70r18, but that would probably be pushing it. On my next set I'm probably going to look at going a bit wider just for a tougher look. The next size up in the Cooper AT3 XLT is LT305/65R18. I recommend looking at https://tiresize.com/calculator/ and clicking the "tire comparison" tab. Also go to http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt.aspx and click "full specs" for all sizes of that model. Good luck.

I read your blog, based on your measurements do you think you could fit a 285/65/18 on a completely stock truck? No level, no lift? I mean they put 285/45/22 on the 22" option on some of the LTZ packages and a 285/65/18 is less than a half inch bigger. 

On 11/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, ducklawyer said:

2” and 285/65r18 KO2s + two crazy dogs
a50bf9a0e3b03695de44ed731731aab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your opinion do you think the 285/65/18's would have rubbed without a level? Just curious because on the 22" LTZ models stock wheel setup is 285/45/22, 285/65/18 is less than a half inch taller but same width. 

1 hour ago, Michael Alexis said:

I read your blog, based on your measurements do you think you could fit a 285/65/18 on a completely stock truck? No level, no lift? I mean they put 285/45/22 on the 22" option on some of the LTZ packages and a 285/65/18 is less than a half inch bigger. 

If they're putting 285/45/22 on a stock LTZ, I don't see why it wouldn't work unless they also have some lift or a different set up. I would hate to tell you to pull the trigger and then you end up with rub. Maybe if you can pull up and sit side by side with an LTZ with the 22's you might be able to get a better idea. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

40 minutes ago, rudyb said:

If they're putting 285/45/22 on a stock LTZ, I don't see why it wouldn't work unless they also have some lift or a different set up. I would hate to tell you to pull the trigger and then you end up with rub. Maybe if you can pull up and sit side by side with an LTZ with the 22's you might be able to get a better idea. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

Roger that, appreciate the reply, on another note, how have you liked the Discoverer XLT's? Mainly how do they feel on the highway, how's the treadwear, and are they noisy? 

1 hour ago, Michael Alexis said:

Roger that, appreciate the reply, on another note, how have you liked the Discoverer XLT's? Mainly how do they feel on the highway, how's the treadwear, and are they noisy? 

I absolutely love them. They're quiet. Don't seem to wear uneven or too quickly. Ride is good. I'm running 42 PSI. Honestly, for the amount of highway and city I travel now, I could have gotten something less aggressive, but I really like how these look too! Comparing these to running Discoverer ST MAXX and Wrangler Duratrac in the past, the XLT is a great balance. My fiance is out running errands with it now, but I can go measure tread and give you my mileage when she gets back.

1 hour ago, rudyb said:

I absolutely love them. They're quiet. Don't seem to wear uneven or too quickly. Ride is good. I'm running 42 PSI. Honestly, for the amount of highway and city I travel now, I could have gotten something less aggressive, but I really like how these look too! Comparing these to running Discoverer ST MAXX and Wrangler Duratrac in the past, the XLT is a great balance. My fiance is out running errands with it now, but I can go measure tread and give you my mileage when she gets back.

great to hear, I had the original AT3's on my 2007 Silverado and loved them. Cooper really seems to make a quality tire. I've been looking at tires for the past few weeks, really like the look of the Coopers, also seem a little more rounded than the General Grabbers or the Duratacs and from what I've heard from you and others seems like the Coopers are the right choice.  

Any testing in the snow or rain?

11 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Any testing in the snow or rain?

We only had one snow day this last winter and they did just fine. I would say they're on par with the st maxx or duratrac. Same with rain, I don't have any problems.

• Like 1

In your opinion do you think the 285/65/18's would have rubbed without a level? Just curious because on the 22" LTZ models stock wheel setup is 285/45/22, 285/65/18 is less than a half inch taller but same width. 

It’s hard to say. I do know with a 2” there was plenty of room. I would hate to say for sure since I didn’t run them w/o the level but the tires specs were 32.5 x 11.5. So really not much bigger than factory. Here’s another pic and you can see the room.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is kind of slowing down with these trucks now being the "older" models but I figured I'd post an update as I have FINALLY gotten some new tires to complete my wishlist (see the header pic in my bio for a before look). I have a 2" spacer level in the front and am now running BFG AT KO 2 DT's - 275 70 R18. I know this has been covered as nauseam but, I have no rubbing what so ever. I am really pleased with this look and overall setup. 

As a side note, is anyone else running the DT model of this tire? I went back and forth on whether to go with the regular or DT (DT stands for different tread compound - for more durability in theory). Now for those not familiar, the DT tire gets a 50,000 warranty from BFG but loses the snowflake rating. I elected for the milage rather than the snowflake rating with the idea that I dealt with these midwest winters with my stockers (with three trucks) over the years; I have to think that the DT's will be better in the snow than stockers.

20200730_083841_resized.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I realize this is an older thread but it helped me out so paying it forward.

2017 Silverado Z71 w/6.5' Bed-  Readylift 2.25" Front Kit with Upper Control Arms and replaced back 1.25" Blocks with Readylift 2.25" Blocks.  Sitting on P285/55R20 Toyo AT III.  Here is Before and After Pics.

20201020_091347.jpg

20201103_075005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 1:56 PM, Jason23 said:

I know this thread is kind of slowing down with these trucks now being the "older" models but I figured I'd post an update as I have FINALLY gotten some new tires to complete my wishlist (see the header pic in my bio for a before look). I have a 2" spacer level in the front and am now running BFG AT KO 2 DT's - 275 70 R18. I know this has been covered as nauseam but, I have no rubbing what so ever. I am really pleased with this look and overall setup. 

As a side note, is anyone else running the DT model of this tire? I went back and forth on whether to go with the regular or DT (DT stands for different tread compound - for more durability in theory). Now for those not familiar, the DT tire gets a 50,000 warranty from BFG but loses the snowflake rating. I elected for the milage rather than the snowflake rating with the idea that I dealt with these midwest winters with my stockers (with three trucks) over the years; I have to think that the DT's will be better in the snow than stockers.

20200730_083841_resized.jpg

Ive got a white 18 Lt but crew cab standard box.  This is the identical setup I'm looking to get.  Got the stock 18's as well.  Ive got airbags in the back though as I carry a truck camper.  Looks good!  Is yours a lower spacer or an upper?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, Praedator said:

I am glad to see someone else with the factory 17's  I have the same rims and will eventually go with the same tire size from my 265/70/17.  I like more rubber!  :)  I'm not into the skinny tire revolution.

I agree, I still have my factory 17" wheels. My next add is a levelling kit with 33's. I prefer more sidewall than wheel.