Pics of leveling kits with stock wheels

I just did a 2.25" SuspensionMaxx kit today and literally zero ride change. I ground down the bumpstops and yes I can see where the UCA may bottom out and clunk at full droop over a set of rough railroad tracks maybe. Otherwise, the ride with the magnetic ride relocation brackets is the exact same as stock. :shrug:

92325.thumb.jpeg.cd51e8d789055c5916f2cd2801964815.jpeg

Truck looks good. Btw, you still stock?

Sent from Above

21 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Tires, you’re still stock or you going up in size?

Sent from Above

I've got 37k on the stock Bridgestones, I'll probably run them til 50k. Love the look of 285/55/22 terra grappler g2's but I really dont want any rubbing and definitely dont want to have to do any trimming. So I may do 305/45/22 hankook dynapros which are a 33 instead of a 34 like the 285/55's.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:25 PM, NWI Denali said:
I just did a 2.25" SuspensionMaxx kit today and literally zero ride change. I ground down the bumpstops and yes I can see where the UCA may bottom out and clunk at full droop over a set of rough railroad tracks maybe. Otherwise, the ride with the magnetic ride relocation brackets is the exact same as stock. :shrug:
92325.thumb.jpeg.cd51e8d789055c5916f2cd2801964815.jpeg

The UCA is connected to the frame while the LCA is connected to the drivetrain. Any spacer lift that attaches to the strut makes the drivetrain and the frame geometry change by the thickness of the spacer.

It changes the geometry.

In my case (like yours), the ride and feel of the truck didn’t change.. other people have a different experience.

I attribute my ride consistency to the fact that I used 2” lift spacers made of urethane (actual thickness was about 1-1/4"), while most spacers are made of aluminum.

Edited by rbrjr1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, TXGREEK said:

2018 GMC CC Z71 Standard Bed with a 2.25” front level spacers and replaced rear 1” with a 2” block. Stock wheels and stock size Michelin Defenders. Don’t recommend leveling with spacers! Horrible ride quality especially with E Rated AT Tires!!! emoji22.png

2942c792bdd78aa01c631815394cacc6.plist

Upgraded tires causing rubbing issues, swapped out stock wheels for 20x9 +1 offset Fuel Wheels, 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (horrible tires). Truck rode very rough so after a few months I decided to go with the super high quality CST 4.5” Lift and Full CST Front and Rear Shocks

4832bf3a93447a6ae1f31cee7661515c.jpg

Now I’m lifted with the CST 4.5”-5” Lift, had second set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it 295/60/20 which slid badly at 15k miles, swapped to BFG KO2’s, fantastic tires and truck drives great!

19ae497c49db7515583b37b28e326758.plist

For those interested in leveling, I Highly recommend leveling with Coil Overs, tons better ride quality over spacers!

Sent from Above

what's wrong with the Nittos? seems like the go to tire for everyone.

what's wrong with the Nittos? seems like the go to tire for everyone.

It’s something new and different which seems to be a fad. I’ve had two separate sets and their siping literally disappeared at approx 15k miles. To be honest, their siping seems to be an afterthought as you can see that the siping on the Ridge Grapplers are less than 1/4” deep unlike the KO2’s which their siping runs straight through the lugs.

New Ridge Grapplers

de6fe2cbcb1043bac2cf26c9b0f691b2.jpg

Now with 15k miles on them, notice the siping literally disappearing and sealing up
7aa8cfc2c795ac24389198d3201550bf.jpg

And now the KO2’s, they’ve got excellent siping.

7afbf114fe2220310ab3a33e1a42e494.jpg

I’ve had the KO2’s on for about 4K miles and absolutely LOVE them! Nitto and Toyo’s are a fad.

Btw, in wet parking lots, the Nittos slipped on wet paint markers, KO2’s DO NOT, huge difference in quality.

Sent from Above

18 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It’s something new and different which seems to be a fad. I’ve had two separate sets and their siping literally disappeared at approx 15k miles. To be honest, their siping seems to be an afterthought as you can see that the siping on the Ridge Grapplers are less than 1/4” deep unlike the KO2’s which their siping runs straight through the lugs.

New Ridge Grapplers

de6fe2cbcb1043bac2cf26c9b0f691b2.jpg

Now with 15k miles on them, notice the siping literally disappearing and sealing up
7aa8cfc2c795ac24389198d3201550bf.jpg

And now the KO2’s, they’ve got excellent siping.

7afbf114fe2220310ab3a33e1a42e494.jpg

I’ve had the KO2’s on for about 4K miles and absolutely LOVE them! Nitto and Toyo’s are a fad.

Btw, in wet parking lots, the Nittos slipped on wet paint markers, KO2’s DO NOT, huge difference in quality.

Sent from Above

Interesting, any thoughts on Mickey Thompson,federal, atturo,amp. I’d like a great hybrid. 

Interesting, any thoughts on Mickey Thompson,federal, atturo,amp. I’d like a great hybrid. 

Depends where you live and elements you drive in. I’m not one on hybrids, don’t like them and in my opinion they’re worthless as they’re not really good in any one thing and they rode very rough when compared to a dedicated AT tire or Highway tire. I’m sticking to the BFG KO2’s for now on and will NEVER own another set of hybrid tires again. If you OffRoad and safety is a concern then definitely stick with a dedicated AT or MT tire with lots of “DEEP” siping as just about all tires perform great their first 10k miles, it’s the technology that’s put into them and many years of experience from a manufacturer.

IMHO, hybrid tires are worthless, only “American” made dedicated AT, MT or Highway tires are safe and worth it. Good luck!

Sent from Above

Depends where you live and elements you drive in. I’m not one on hybrids, don’t like them and in my opinion they’re worthless as they’re not really good in any one thing and they rode very rough when compared to a dedicated AT tire or Highway tire. I’m sticking to the BFG KO2’s for now on and will NEVER own another set of hybrid tires again. If you OffRoad and safety is a concern then definitely stick with a dedicated AT or MT tire with lots of “DEEP” siping as just about all tires perform great their first 10k miles, it’s the technology that’s put into them and many years of experience from a manufacturer.

IMHO, hybrid tires are worthless, only “American” made dedicated AT, MT or Highway tires are safe and worth it. Good luck!

Sent from Above
I have come to the same conclusion. Good in the mud, but crappy at 80mph, loud and slippery when wet. Hate to say I like the buttery ride from stock michelin energy savers vs look of RGs. Im returning while I can get full refund from amz. Really liked the look though...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have come to the same conclusion. Good in the mud, but crappy at 80mph, loud and slippery when wet. Hate to say I like the buttery ride from stock michelin energy savers vs look of RGs. Im returning while I can get full refund from amz. Really liked the look though...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can’t beat the ride quality of Michelin highways tires or their AT KO2’s.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 2:53 AM, TXGREEK said:

Truck looks good. Btw, you still stock?

Sent from Above

Naaah "life is to short to stay stock" I got leveling kit on my 2015 Silverado 2.5 rough country and i have been done other mods to the engine 

57409B3A-2A6F-42F1-801E-296CC0B9BF88.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jhawks4 said:

2018 Silverado z71 oem 18 wheels powder coated gloss black. 2.5 motofab level front 2 rear lift motofab blocks. 295/70r18 dick cepek trail county exp

IMG_20200124_165055_989.jpg

Are those factory 18s? Do you rub anywhere?

• 2 weeks later...