3 Camera System

So I bought a new truck last week and opted for the 3 camera trailering system.  Getting it installed shortly.

Curious if anyone else has the option and how they like it.

Do a search here. Yes other people have installed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am adding a Furrion Rear Observation/Backup camera system to my 31' TT and truck. Thought they wanted too much for the Intellihaul  system. I also asked my local dealer if they had installed one and none of them had any experience with it. I know that with the right tools it can be a DIY install - I just don't want to have to tear into my doors

Thanks for your input.  I did a search and it allayed some of my anxiety.  I really like the big mirrors I have now and I didn't want to lose some of the features, like the flashing LEDs and the fold back motors.  It looks like I'll still have those features after the cameras are retrofit.

And 2017HD is right.  The dealers don't know a thing about the 3 camera system.  I had to educate one sales manager about it.  It is a pricy accessory, but the way I back a boat trailer I'll take the help of having the camera system.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the camera system installed and I picked up the truck yesterday.  Really like it.  Works as advertised and the installation looks very professional.  Looks like it came off the production line with the system installed.

If things go as planned, I'll be putting the boat in the water tomorrow.  The whole backing down the boat ramp experience has always been a challenge for me so I am hopeful that the cameras will help.

Glad you had a good outcome. So you got the two mirror cameras and the one in the center brake light - right.

I still don't have mine installed yet - way too wet here in Portland.

I got a camera on each side mirror and one that I will attached to the boat's hardtop only when I need it to back up.  I figure that third camera will give me the perspective to know when I have the trailer lined up going down the ramp, or when I am parking the boat in a crowded boatyard.  

Driven boats my whole adult life and I am pretty good at it, and trailering is no big deal except for the backing up part.  In the past backing up the trailer has been a challenge and I hope that is all over now.

• 1 month later...

Snowshovel how's the camera system working out?  Any issues with dropping the signal from the wireless camera?  I'm assuming you have the Intellihaul Echomaster system?

Honestly, I haven't hooked up the third camera.  I've been using the cameras on the side mirrors and I am very happy with the perspective they give.  Especially if you extend the mirrors.

Also, if I use my turn signal the camera shows me the blind spot on that side of the truck.  I like that a lot.  Very helpful with day-to-day driving.

What I plan on doing is to get a two or three wire connector and temporarily connect the third camera when I need it.  I have a spreader light on the top of my boat so I have 12vdc there, just a matter of tapping into it.  When I don't need the camera (which would be the normal situation) I would just plug back into the spreader light.

Later this summer I plan on trailering the boat to either the eastern shore of Virginia or the outer banks of North Carolina.  I'll have the camera system fully hooked up for that.

• 3 months later...

So this system is a wireless communication to the factory head unit. I am looking to just get a single camera to integrate with the 3rd brake light. It appears to be a wired type PN# PCAM-CHMSL-SIL16. I am worried it will replace the tailgate camera as the harness is not a"Y" type.. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• 6 months later...
On 2018-08-24 at 6:07 PM, GMC4Zee said:

So this system is a wireless communication to the factory head unit. I am looking to just get a single camera to integrate with the 3rd brake light. It appears to be a wired type PN# PCAM-CHMSL-SIL16. I am worried it will replace the tailgate camera as the harness is not a"Y" type.. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

If your looking at the Intellihaul cameras, call the company, great support, they will tell you exactly which part you need from the dealer. They provide detailed install videos and instructions.