Undercarriage coating a magnet for dirt - how to clean?

TRG

I've got a 2018 Silverado going through it's first winter in the Northeast.  I live on a dirt road that gets real muddy during mud season.  I just gave my truck it's real first cleaning and noticed that the undercarriage coating on the frame is sticky and acting like an adhesive.  There's layers of dirt that are stuck to the frame that I can't seem to spray off with a hose or a power washer!  So basically the frame looks brown with dirt caked on instead of black (particularly near the wheel wells).

So my question is, does anyone have any tips for cleaning the frame to get the dirt off without compromising the undercoat sealant?  I'm thinking the only thing that will work is some type of hard brush, but think that will damage the sealant that is on the frame...              

I’ve heard about guys getting their trucks oil sprayed and then drive down a dirt road so it sticks to the oil and creating a barrier for more protection. 
+1 [emoji106] heard the same thing! Though about saving all my oil from changes during the summer and spraying my undercarriage real good before next winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

+1 [emoji106] heard the same thing! Though about saving all my oil from changes during the summer and spraying my undercarriage real good before next winter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Never use used motor oil...only new motor oil.

Used ATF, used gear oil, and used hydraulic fluids are ok.

As for cleaning that factory coating...I doubt anything you do besides covering it will be successful. It is too soft to "scrub" and would likely blow off with any pressure.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

I don't think I've ever seen an undercoating act (and feel) like a sticky adhesive like that.  Seems like others have had the same experience or are trying to replicate - haha.    

I don't think I've ever seen an undercoating act (and feel) like a sticky adhesive like that.  Seems like others have had the same experience or are trying to replicate - haha.    
They sell it in aerosol cans...search on this forum, the brand name is spelled out and I think you can get it from Amazon.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

4 hours ago, Pearl2017 said:

So dirt is stuck to the protection? Doesn't mean its not doing its job so why not leave it alone? I believe the factory coating is wax based sealer. Washing it off to remove the dirt stuck to it seems counterproductive.

Ya - I don’t want to remove the under coating protection at all. I’ve just never seen clumps/layers of dirt stick to a frame like that and not be able to be sprayed clean with a hose.  

Archived