Alexa skill

Just checked the skill section and no such skill. Ford and Jeep’s is there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, Amazon support can't find it either. GM swears it exists. Next stop calling into GM connected car team to get the final word. I'll report back here the results if anyone cares.

And as for the password part, the other skills work by including your pin in the command. "Ex, Alexa start my truck, pin 1234"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You need a password for the Ford and FCA apps as well. but once the skill is confirmed  with the app/account. You won't need the password with Alexa. Doesn't matter. the GM skill isn't out there.

UPDATE: Called in to gm/onstar customer support. After 37 transfers, IT DOES EXIST, but brand new. Currently waiting for connected car team to call back to share setup instructions. So new that it's not publicly available yet in the skills section. Will report further when hooked up. Coooool

Evan

UPDATE: Called in to gm/onstar customer support. After 37 transfers, IT DOES EXIST, but brand new. Currently waiting for connected car team to call back to share setup instructions. So new that it's not publicly available yet in the skills section. Will report further when hooked up. Coooool

Evan

Interesting. Maybe I’ll start actually using Alexa again... Let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, Bowhunt24 said:

Evan

Very interested in this as well!!  Did you ever get this setup?

Alexa and her ilk touch home base often enough for a data set pattern to be created that would allow someone so motivated to see too much about your preferences, purchases, habits and schedule.   

I’m ok using my fob.  

But cool, yes.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Centex14 said:

Just how connected do you really need to be? This Alexa thing is getting creepy. Before long you are going to have to get your mortgages through Amazon.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo

Alexa knows that you said that...

• Like 2