Power sliding rear window

On 5/4/2018 at 9:14 PM, Dub1796 said:

Ill take that trade lol, i prefer the one piece that my 2014 had. When u come up to Canada for the swap, bring me a set of 24" strada codas with you from cali haha

I would be interested in a trade for a sliding rear window.  I have 2020 LT solid rear window.  I am near Yellowstone NP..

Maybe someone in northern mountains?  Near zero virus cases here.

I don't know what the situation is for border crossing with Canada due to Covid-19 crap.  Anyone know?

Cheers,

YMMV

Edited by Mogur

Ok changed out from solid and now have a power slider. @pgamboa really helped me out. This guy knows the wiring of these trucks like the back of his hand.

So if someone wanted it shipped and paid for it, the solid is available to ship now as well. Packed in box ready to go. 188901e297641d7af1bee751ef18de5f.jpg
This is after the swap. She is a sexy one. If anyone wants to n ow where motor is this is where you place it. ac8f768714a7403124e97f748c3572c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice!  I installed the GM power slider in my uplevel 2018 SLT.  It was pretty much plug n play.  Did you have to drill holes through the cab to mount the power slider motor?  I did not have the threaded studs in place.

15 hours ago, Miguel Olea said:

I installed the GM power slider in my uplevel 2018 SLT

That is strange that your truck did not com with that option.

Did you put the factory switch in the overhead console?

Yes, all factory.  I only had to add the fuse block on passenger side, along with the short console wire harness.  The harness going down to the driver fuse block and junction block had the needed trigger wires and power wire.  I think having the sunroof and noise cancellation gave me the needed harness.  Of course I bought the console trim panel and switch.  I have to give credit to Mike (mkwambold) for all the help and encouragement.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, Miguel Olea said:

Nice!  I installed the GM power slider in my uplevel 2018 SLT.  It was pretty much plug n play.  Did you have to drill holes through the cab to mount the power slider motor?  I did not have the threaded studs in place.

That means you have a down level SLT, not an up level one.  The base and premium packages didn't have the power sliding window.  Could only be had on the Premium Plus (or Denali, of course).  

IDK???? 6.2 lt, Sunroof, heated and cooled seats, bose with console, 4x4, navigation, heated steering wheel.  The only thing it does not have is the driver safety package which I don't care for.  Happy with my new sliding rear window :)

13 hours ago, Miguel Olea said:

IDK???? 6.2 lt, Sunroof, heated and cooled seats, bose with console, 4x4, navigation, heated steering wheel.  The only thing it does not have is the driver safety package which I don't care for.  Happy with my new sliding rear window :)

Also front parking assist, LED headlamps, trailer brake controller (unless bought as a separate line item), spray in bed liner (again, unless bought as a separate line item).  I saw several packaged at dealers that were Premium units with several stand-alone options to like buckets and Bose to get it like the Premium Plus but the price ended up not being much less once optioned out that way.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:46 PM, Csjumper2003 said:

Ok changed out from solid and now have a power slider. @pgamboa really helped me out. This guy knows the wiring of these trucks like the back of his hand.

188901e297641d7af1bee751ef18de5f.jpg

Go Dawgs!  You're a long way from the Classic City...

• Like 1

Most shops shy away from installing something that was not originally installed from the factory.  Most people that have done this mod do all the work themselves with the exception of installing the window it self.  My glass shop did NOT want to install mine saying the truck was not set up for it.  When I pressed them on the matter, they said the whole rear seat and interior has to come out. and they did not want to get involved.  When I let them know that I had removed all that myself, they went ahead and did it for me. 60.00 to remove the old glass and 60.00 to install the new GM one.  If your truck has a sunroof it is mostly plug n' play; at least it was for me in my 2018 SLT sierra.

Just do what I did.  All you need is the right side fuse block for trucks with the power slider, a new upper console wire harness that is applicable to the slider and any other options you currently have, a new trim plate that will support the rear slider switch, the rear window and the power window motor.  You may, or may not have to, run three wires down to you brake controller junction block and driver's side fuse block.  These are the open and close signal and 12vlt power.  I did not have to do this as my truck had the correct harness, this was most likely because I have a sunroof and the noise cancellation options. Just make sure you have the back seats and garnish moldings off when you go to install the rear window.  Let me know if you need help with any thing else or part numbers.

No I used elevator studs and jb weld. After it dried it worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk