Aftermarket bumpers

Thinking of going aftermarket for front, and possibly rear as well. Let's see what you got, pros and cons for information is needed as well.

Doing my own research, I like the Iron Cross, possibly with the pre-runner on it. Simple, not too huge, seems like it would be the style I am looking for.

Edited by 6.2Midnight

I just finished getting my custom one off bumpers done for my truck build and can’t wait till their coated. If you have a local guy who makes bumpers, I highly recommend working with him to see if he can make something only you envision for yourself!

76f5be55e83ed485f1db1dd20dc33655.jpg

7e06f730ec7b74d13ec86c409fefa9b5.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else?

Ironcross low profile bumpers get my vote. All the other bumpers on the market have the bubba gump look to them that I just can’t see past. I believe the IC bumpers are one of the only aftermarket bumpers where you don’t have to cut anything so they have that going for them!

Your truck though, post pics when you pull the trigger!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, dowilcox said:

I put a Addictive Desert Designs Honeybadger front bumper on mine. I was looking for something that would hold a winch and this fit the bill for me. Really good build quality and wasn't too bad to install.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/chevy-1500-winch-front-bumper-F367382840103/

x0xwhBm.jpggK347me.jpg?1zGCPD8G.jpg

Hmmm...the resemblance is uncanny!

darth.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, 6.2Midnight said:

Thinking of going aftermarket for front, and possibly rear as well. Let's see what you got, pros and cons for information is needed as well.

Did you find new bumpers?  If not I recommend what WesternMike suggested. I replaced stock bumpers with custom fabricated bumpers on a few of my trucks in the '70's and '80's.  A skilled fabricator can create a bumper to suit your specific needs and wants.  Make a sketch and discuss your plans with a skilled fabricator. You may be surprised at what the two of you can create!   I preferred working with an independent welder working out of a home workshop.  

• Like 1

I’ve got a go rhino front bumper. The bumper is nice and good quality. The mounting was aweful. The brackets they gave didn’t properly fit, leaving me to have to fab something up on my own. Then to level the thing takes three people. One on each side and one underneath adjusting the 12 bolts that secure it. Was a pain. One side still sits about a quarter inch lower. I left it alone at that point bc I’m the only one who will ever notice. If I had to do it again I’d look elsewhere