Does anyone know the specs for the Bose audio?

51 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I did the Kicker sub and still put the under seat storage bin just cut it off where the sub fits. The one sub is def good. Plus it’s all in 1 I like the staying as close to factory as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t do the kicker upgrade since I have the bose system. 

I can’t do the kicker upgrade since I have the bose system. 

Of coarse you can I have the Bose with sub in the center console and the Kicker sub under the rear passenger seat. They make a Kicker sub only sounds great.

1 minute ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Of coarse you can I have the Bose with sub in the center console and the Kicker sub under the rear passenger seat. They make a Kicker sub only sounds great.

Are you talking about the kicker plug and play from gm?

Are you talking about the kicker plug and play from gm?

Yes that’s the one I have the console sub active and the Kicker sub as well so 6 speakers and 2 subs.

32 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Yes that’s the one I have the console sub active and the Kicker sub as well so 6 speakers and 2 subs.

Hmm I read from Chevy that sub does not work with the Bose setup. But it’s all good, I’m going to get aftermarket anyways

6 hours ago, Willie will said:

Hmm I read from Chevy that sub does not work with the Bose setup. But it’s all good, I’m going to get aftermarket anyways

There's a kit for non Bose with an amp, and a kit with Bose with no amp.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not to really bring up an old topic, but I had the JL Stealthbox and man does it rattle that center console.  So much so that I ended up switching it for 2-12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallows in a box that fits under the rear seat, sounded great until the box decided to blow apart. I put some sound dampener all over the center console, but the rattles never stopped.  I just kept chasing down rattle after rattle, and with these new trucks being so quiet from the factory, it really ticks me off to hear any vibration.  

Where were your rattles with the Stealthbox? I thought I had a bad rattle but my stelthbox had a small air leak where 10” sub mounts. Fixed temporarily. Not impressed with JL support so far. 

On 6/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, 2009GMC said:

Where were your rattles with the Stealthbox? I thought I had a bad rattle but my stelthbox had a small air leak where 10” sub mounts. Fixed temporarily. Not impressed with JL support so far. 

You too? Mine does that too! Let me know what they do.  But mine sounded like junk just due to the rattles, but I had rattles all over the console and then there was one I could never chase down on the passenger side.

How did you temporarily fix it?

Edited by visegrips

anyone got a link to the kicker plug and play sub?... .. i agree with some of the posts.. i think the bose sounds good.. i feel the thump from the small sub, but would like to add a little more bump..

aslo... plug and play... hows that work... where do you plug in, and does the kicker have its own amp?

29 minutes ago, Crstfr said:

anyone got a link to the kicker plug and play sub?... .. i agree with some of the posts.. i think the bose sounds good.. i feel the thump from the small sub, but would like to add a little more bump..

aslo... plug and play... hows that work... where do you plug in, and does the kicker have its own amp?

Chevy the gmc website and you find it there. I believe the plug and play are for trucks that have the Bose system already in it. If you do have the Bose system then you should have a factory amp back there where you can PNP. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 10:45 PM, visegrips said:

Not to really bring up an old topic, but I had the JL Stealthbox and man does it rattle that center console.  So much so that I ended up switching it for 2-12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallows in a box that fits under the rear seat, sounded great until the box decided to blow apart. I put some sound dampener all over the center console, but the rattles never stopped.  I just kept chasing down rattle after rattle, and with these new trucks being so quiet from the factory, it really ticks me off to hear any vibration.  

What box were you using?