Need to add some bright Fog Lights! Recommendations please?

2015 Silverado LT *Lighting...

I’ve been researching all kinds of aftermarket bumpers with fog lights and it seems like everyone agrees that the aftermarket is brighter lumens and that’s the best option instead of replacing the plane bumper with a factory bumper with factory lights? 

Thanks,

TomBrady80 

image.jpg

0D05F47F-9DD2-4630-B2B3-E29E5BABCC09.jpeg

Edited by TomBrady80
Left out year and make

Can not comment on the Silverado ones as I have a GMC.   Replaced my stock fog lights with Morimoto XB LED fog lights and they are significantly brighter than stockers.  Light output is focused with a cutoff that won't blind oncoming traffic unlike a HID/LED replacement bulb or other cheapo repo lights.  The side of the road is illuminated in a manner that puts the stockers to shame.  They are pricey but you get what you pay for.   3 other persons I know have bought them for their GMCs so that should give you an idea of how they perform.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lgetz said:

Can not comment on the Silverado ones as I have a GMC.   Replaced my stock fog lights with Morimoto XB LED fog lights and they are significantly brighter than stockers.  Light output is focused with a cutoff that won't blind oncoming traffic unlike a HID/LED replacement bulb or other cheapo repo lights.  The side of the road is illuminated in a manner that puts the stockers to shame.  They are pricey but you get what you pay for.   3 other persons I know have bought them for their GMCs so that should give you an idea of how they perform.

Thanks. I’m still researching what I should do about my lights. The bumper doesn’t even have the cut-outs, so I could get a new bumper with some LED lights but I want to make sure I don’t blind anyone or look ridiculous.....

• 1 month later...

I also bought some Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights Buy for my 2014 Silverado. I haven’t installed them yet because I’m still buying all the parts that I need to make them work.

So far I have:

•Fog lights

•oem bumper with fog cut outs

•gen5diy harness

Still need to buy the brackets and bezels and also the adjusting screws. Having difficulty with finding the screw that I circled below in the picture. If anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it!

5457B15A-7FE5-4C55-B22C-A02ED654B2B0.jpeg

Edited by yungcharizard