Fox Shocks....how do they hold up?

I have bilsteins on my truck with a Zone 6.5".  I was looking to swap to Fox Shocks/Coilovers setup and was wondering guys who are running them, how do they look after a year or two?  I am in the North East and my bilsteins look like crap after 1 year.  I daily drive my truck and its subjected to road salts and brine etc in the winter.  I keep up with it the best I can but not matter what it still doesn't hold up. I just don't want to spend all that money and have them look like crap after 1 winter.  Pics are appreciated. 

I have bilsteins on my truck with a Zone 6.5".  I was looking to swap to Fox Shocks/Coilovers setup and was wondering guys who are running them, how do they look after a year or two?  I am in the North East and my bilsteins look like crap after 1 year.  I daily drive my truck and its subjected to road salts and brine etc in the winter.  I keep up with it the best I can but not matter what it still doesn't hold up. I just don't want to spend all that money and have them look like crap after 1 winter.  Pics are appreciated. 

To be honest, like absolute shit. As you know our winter here was pretty rough. I had coated them in some spray wax/ceramic coating type product that did diddly squat. Coils, shock bodies and hoses are all surface corroded

f80b5cc66062cbfba5350de4457d8936.jpgab6c511483ef11409028e9f5903fef6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bushleaguechew said:

To be honest, like absolute shit. As you know our winter here was pretty rough. I had coated them in some spray wax/ceramic coating type product that did diddly squat. Coils, shock bodies and hoses are all surface corroded

f80b5cc66062cbfba5350de4457d8936.jpgab6c511483ef11409028e9f5903fef6c.jpg

Thank you.....man, does anyone make anything to stand up to the weather here? I really appreciate the pics and information. 

If you guys find any shocks that can handle a winter, let me know. I had rancho mt7000 on my last truck, looked like hell after a year in Chicago winters. They looked their best on day 1 then it was a down hill spiral with pitting and corrosion.

Only way you're going to keep your shocks and pretty lift components pretty is to wash them daily in the winter, or buy a beater vehicle for the nasty salty winter and park the truck until summer.

After retiring from the Air Force (living in Texas at the time), regular washing my lifted Ram 2500 kept everything nice, but when I moved up here to PA, I struggled the first winter, spent a ton at the car wash to use the pressure sprayer just trying to keep all the components looking good.  Near daily stops at the car wash on the way home form work kept everything looking pretty good, but it was just crazy trying to do that in the freezing cold, and on really cold days (below about 15 degrees or so) I couldn't do it as everything would ice up too bad.  By the second winter I slowly tapered off and would hit the wash about once a week, but that wasn't enough to keep the rust and crud away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you considered the bilstein 5100s, they are much cheaper and the ride is amazing. I think they should hold up better than full Coilovers looks wise.

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Have you considered the bilstein 5100s, they are much cheaper and the ride is amazing. I think they should hold up better than full Coilovers looks wise.

Instagram @wildchevys

That's what I have now and they look like crap.....someone needs to make something that will last.

That's what I have now and they look like crap.....someone needs to make something that will last.

Damn, really? What notch do you run them on?

Instagram @wildchevys

1 hour ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Damn, really? What notch do you run them on?

Instagram @wildchevys

Before I did the zone lift I had them on the highest setting and it rode like crap.....put back to stock setting and did rough country bottom spacers which it rode better. Did the 4.5 zone lift and eventually 6.5 lift with them set at factory level. 

Before I did the zone lift I had them on the highest setting and it rode like crap.....put back to stock setting and did rough country bottom spacers which it rode better. Did the 4.5 zone lift and eventually 6.5 lift with them set at factory level. 

Ah gotcha, I’m on the 3rd and love it

Instagram @wildchevys

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, Waterfowler41 said:

If you guys find any shocks that can handle a winter, let me know. I had rancho mt7000 on my last truck, looked like hell after a year in Chicago winters. They looked their best on day 1 then it was a down hill spiral with pitting and corrosion.

Waterfowler41,

Aside from looks and corrosion, how did you like the function/ride of the Rancho MT7000s ?

Waterfowler41,

Aside from looks and corrosion, how did you like the function/ride of the Rancho MT7000s ?

They handled off road fine, driving big ruts and corn fields was easy peasy for the shocks but on road was meh. I like a nice smooth ride, 7000’s weren’t that on the road. Hitting bumps in turns was scary sometimes, the truck chattered to the side.

Thank you.....man, does anyone make anything to stand up to the weather here? I really appreciate the pics and information. 

If you’re happy with the Bilsteins then just keep replacing them cause they’re much cheaper or wash them off every time you get dirty (Pain) but either way both get just as nasty so it’s a no brainer. I run Bilstein’s in every truck and for a couple hundred bucks you can just replace as needed. Good luck