LED footwell lighting

On 9/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, jlozan2 said:

Did you get the 4 piece kit? And just to confirm, did you use the controller that comes with the kit or something different?

Yes. One stip for each footwell. That's all you need. They are very bright. I used the controller that came with the kit to power them.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2018 at 10:20 PM, Stockredsierra said:

Okay! I'll get some pictures up and write up how I mounted them soon :thumbs:

Hi StockRedSierra.  Did you ever get the write up done on this your project. I want to do this to mine as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I redid the LED's under the rear seats as I wasn't happy with just having them zip tied to the bottom of the seat which had them facing down so I purchased some aluminum angle and made up these brackets to mount to the under side of the seat.  As well I added connectors where as before it was all soldered in place.

ilS6a3a.jpg

In the end it did'nt really make a dramatic difference but It was all parts I already had left around.  

Really shouldn't need a full write up to add these as its all really simple.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 8:53 PM, Shortyjpl said:

Yup. Thanks guys. Tapped the white/yellow wire from Phil’s pic and they work great. Work on doors open, stay lit after shut down (30sec), dimmable from switch and auto on when headlights auto on. emoji1360.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi do you have a pic of how you tapped into the white yellow wire and where you went to ground?

• 10 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 3:38 AM, Stockredsierra said:

Never got around to contributing my install on my truck to this thread... I installed OPT7 Aura RGB+W LED strips as foot well lighting in my truck a month ago. Pictured is the fronts, but I also have them under the driver and passenger seats for the rear passengers. Pretty easy install because I have an sPOD circuit controller and HD panel. I have the lights set to blue to match the interior lighting but I have a controller to switch them to white or any other color plus a few effects like strobe and fade. They even can flash to music. I usually run them as accent lighting but if I ever drop something at night and need to see, I can flip the lights over to white. Also, the picture shows the blue lights at maximum brightness. I turn the brightness all the way down at night so they don't become distracting yet offer a nice glow. If anyone wants more pictures of how I mounted the strips or some sort of write up, let me know. 

IMG_8087.thumb.jpg.eb78d5eeb9463eb9dfd264baf1721919.jpg

The white appears more purple in the photos.. in person they are pure white.

IMG_8167.thumb.jpg.4a308ce06c8186d2e30d0d6721c8e13f.jpg

How did you address the flicker when it fades out? 

• 7 months later...

A little off topic but this seems to be the closest I can get to the answer I’m looking for. I’m trying to make my cargo lights come on when unlocking the truck. I’ve seen the diode to the reverse lights trick. But I’m not interested in them coming on in reverse. I was wondering if I can jump from the grey wire (dome wire) to the cargo wire. My theory is that the cargos will come on and fade like my interior lights. But also if I flip my dome switch on the cargo will light up even in D? Could be wrong but just wondering before I try it and fry something in my BCM.

Thanks!!