bug/hood deflector

any recommendations for bug/ hood deflector for 2017 duramax with air induction hood? didnt really want to put 1 but getting some chips in that area and had a rock bounce off and chip windshield. a few ive seen says not for air induction hood. i guess it interferes with the airflow. thanks

Any thoughts on a clear vinyl film? I had it on a previous truck & now my current HD. Also had the rockers/door steps done to prevent the paint scuffs.

44 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Any thoughts on a clear vinyl film? I had it on a previous truck & now my current HD. Also had the rockers/door steps done to prevent the paint scuffs.

I have seen that clear film on a several rigs. Its only visible from up close, and it doesn't look bad regardless of the distance. It would stop small rocks, but I'm guessing larger ones would easily penetrate it and chip the paint. 

7 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

I have seen that clear film on a several rigs. Its only visible from up close, and it doesn't look bad regardless of the distance. It would stop small rocks, but I'm guessing larger ones would easily penetrate it and chip the paint. 

3M Makes an 8 mil film specifically for front ends. I used it on the low sections of my bike. You really can't see it unless you look. There are different sizes/lengths.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG88MQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, johnnyg123 said:

any recommendations for bug/ hood deflector for 2017 duramax with air induction hood? didnt really want to put 1 but getting some chips in that area and had a rock bounce off and chip windshield. a few ive seen says not for air induction hood. i guess it interferes with the airflow. thanks

GM has them (made by Aeroskin/Lund).  19367034 is smoked, 19354150 is textured black, 19354152 is matte black and 19367035 is chrome.