Window tint

ron mexico75

Without knowing the tint laws where you live, it's impossible for anyone to give you a definite answer.  Go to the tint shop you use and tell them you want it tinted as dark as you can legally go.

Speaking for Pennsylvania here:

f49363648f88df621961c320cd15b4f3.jpg

I had the front side windows tinted to match the rear and then had the AutoBahn  Huper Optic Ceramic applied on all side windows back window and sunroof. I am considering having the front windshield Huper Optic Ceramic coated also but have not done that yet. Looks Dark from the outside but looks barely tinted from the inside looking out. The Ceramic supposedly t stops 85% of the heat from the sun or something like that.    

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

I had the front side windows tinted to match the rear and then had the AutoBahn  Huper Optic Ceramic applied on all side windows back window and sunroof. I am considering having the front windshield Huper Optic Ceramic coated also but have not done that yet. Looks Dark from the outside but looks barely tinted from the inside looking out. The Ceramic supposedly t stops 85% of the heat from the sun or something like that.    
IMG_6121.jpg.b63666a5dcb976667cb0233ca1ba01a4.jpg
IMG_6123.jpg.b27b626fb8bedc8bdb97d8f1ca6fe12e.jpg
IMG_6127.jpg.0908fa007eb86f7c0fe8fddb1d954c19.jpg

So what percentages are you talking about in those pics?

In addition to the UV ray protection, the ceramic does not inhibit radio waves, so, supposedly better reception. Maybe don't know about that as my SiriusXM cuts out all the time. I'm in Maryland and they require 35% for the two front doors. I did 30% ceramic as it's close to factory rears but still light enough that hopefully no smokie will stop me. Don't want to lose the tint for sure.

54 minutes ago, ron mexico75 said:

So what percentages are you talking about in those pics?

If I am not mistaken the factory rear is 20%? so they matched the rear factory tint level on the front and then added some real light tint with the ceramic. To me the ceramic looked almost clear when they were working with the raw materials cutting it to size before installing it. So maybe 15% to 18% overall? It does take a bit of getting used to if you drive out in the country on a dark night, the visibility out the drivers and passenger windows is noticeably  diminished.  However worst case you can roll down the window if in a tight spot parking or something and need more visibility right? Most of my driving is daytime and parking outside in the hot sun so to me the tint and coating are well worth a small loss of visibility a few times a year under certain conditions. Besides I do like a bit of privacy in case i have a booger in my nose and want to pick it going down the road LOL  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, Hate Work said:

In addition to the UV ray protection, the ceramic does not inhibit radio waves, so, supposedly better reception. Maybe don't know about that as my SiriusXM cuts out all the time. I'm in Maryland and they require 35% for the two front doors. I did 30% ceramic as it's close to factory rears but still light enough that hopefully no smokie will stop me. Don't want to lose the tint for sure.

Usually if you don’t drive like an **** smoky will leave you alone but good luck 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 5:59 AM, Kelloggs67 said:

Usually if you don’t drive like an **** smoky will leave you alone but good luck 

True this x 100000

I live in WY but have SD tags. Never get heat about it because I fly under the radar.