Stereo upgrade plan

I had a set up that worked okay in my previous car, a 2010 jetta wagon. I'm now ready to upgrade the system in my current truck, a 2016 SLT 1500(w/Bose). I'd like to see opinions on what I'm thinking about doing. The installer suggests swapping out the amps to the single Kenwood.

In the jetta:

Hertz Energy ESK 163l in the fronts and Hertz ESK 2 ways in the back. The fronts were being powered by a rebuilt mid 90s Zapco z100 s2. The rear doors were being powered by a Fosgate R400-4D and then that amp was bridged and powering a JL 10" WxV2 in the JL factory box (sealed)

In the truck:

Same front three ways

Same sub but in a new box that will fit under rear seat

Switching to a kenwood xr901.5 to power all of it

Leaving the Bose sub and rear speakers in

LC8i

Dynamat around door speakers

Cost for install, parts, new amp and LC8i is $1929

The main questions I have are:

Is the amp a significant upgrade worth the $600 or?

Leave the stock speaker wire or upgrade?

Certain Fuses?

Sub amp location need dynamat?

Box size, vented or closed?

Up or down firing?

Dsp (helix?)?

ACTIVE configuration?

Bose sub-should I have it pulled out of the truck, disconnected or integrated into the new stereo?

Other thoughts/comments?

58 minutes ago, Maxsuperdog said:

Ditch the bose sub and rear speakers. Reconsider the LCI 8 and consider a dsp and go active on the front stage.

This all the way. A dsp with input gain

• Like 1

You need more Dynomat, just around the speakers really doesn't do much.  you want it at least on the outer door skins.  The roof makes a huge difference too.  

deadening.thumb.jpg.e0d2889b30b05edb214cdca94eaaa821.jpg

I agree with qwank. I have a Chevy S10 and installed dash and door speakers. I installed some dynamat on my door and on the inside of my door. Made a huge difference! No rattle and eliminates road noise. I did both doors and that’s it. I’ll eventually door the floor and roof to get rid of all road noise. I would definitely put some dynamat right behind the speakers in the door.