2016 Sierra 8" intellink and HMI with Nav

jacobrmiller05

I'm assuming this has to be vin unlocked for the dealer to program it to your truck? Also, can you just swap the HMI into the stock 14' radio? I would like to keep the blue with the Chevrolet Radio if possible.

Needs to be VIN Programmed with your VIN and your options. The HMI is responsible for the content on the radio display. Can be reprogrammed for Chevy MYLink Blue or GMC Intellink Red. If you want to get this programmed for 2014, there may be additional hardware requirements to get the done “right”.

Check out www.whiteautoandmedia.com. They do custom programming for modules, HMIs, clusters, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, jacobrmiller05 said:

Sold to Phil. Forgot to update the post

Okay Phil -- we know you don't need this so what project are you planning with this one? :lol:

• Like 1

Okay Phil -- we know you don't need this so what project are you planning with this one? [emoji1]

I was wondering who would catch on and ask this! [emoji12]. Thanks for the laugh!

Two ways this can go:

1. Switch from Blue to Red

2. Use this as an R&D set. I am making my own DIY Kill Switch that will use a designated OEM button (or a combination of button presses) as a trigger to close some required circuits to start the truck.

I wish they would make these so you can change the color in the first place.  I'd love all of mine blue but the screen has red through the splash screen and so on as well.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, pgamboa said:

I was wondering who would catch on and ask this! emoji12.png. Thanks for the laugh!

Two ways this can go:

1. Switch from Blue to Red

2. Use this as an R&D set. I am making my own DIY Kill Switch that will use a designated OEM button (or a combination of button presses) as a trigger to close some required circuits to start the truck.

that would be awesome to be able to do the second option. let us know when you figure that out, would love to do that as well

Just now, Tx_operator87 said:

that would be awesome to be able to do the second option. let us know when you figure that out, would love to do that as well

I am actually doing both :)  Switching to Red.  LOL.  AND implementing a DIY Kill switch.  I have the concept and method for implementation.  Now just need to execute. LOL.  Hoping to have it done next week.

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

I am actually doing both :)  Switching to Red.  LOL.  AND implementing a DIY Kill switch.  I have the concept and method for implementation.  Now just need to execute. LOL.  Hoping to have it done next week.

nice. been wanting to put a killswitch in, but one that was a combination of buttons would be way cooler

• Like 1

nice. been wanting to put a killswitch in, but one that was a combination of buttons would be way cooler

Exactly! Can be one or two buttons. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Phil,

Did you have any progress with switching to Blue?

As far as I know the actual LED behind the HVAC and audio controls are red, not RGB. I don't believe they can be changed. 

I have no intentions of swapping LEDs. I ended up just swapping the entire assembly over. So I have Red AC/HVAC Controls and Red Headlight Switch Controls now.

a1373955438a28e01f3a424ccc48205d.jpg

908622aa324b8ad5dbb7162c5d18bb25.jpg