2019 GMC online configurator finally active

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I can configure I am looking for some tips and suggestions.  

FYI in Minnesota.  

Here are some things I don't want

22" rims (I feel its a truck and I want ride over looks on the tires)

sunroof (mine I leave open or my wife and had rain in it twice)

MultiPro power steps (I like the fixed ones and another thing to go wrong)

Things I do want

Denali trim

Most everything else

4x4

6.2 engine

hard tri fold tonneau cover

I haven't bought a car in a LONG time.  This is my first truck and looking for any advice on the things I don't want and opinions.  Anything people think I should skip or need to have?  

There is an option for a normal tailgate. I understand the multipro comes standard but didn't realize you could opt out. Just an FYI if anybody else thought it was the only option like I did. This should ease the fear for those who feel the multipro will be a problem. Personally, I like it and would come in very handy for me. The real issue for me is the tiny fuel tank. 

Overall, I'm liking these trucks more and more. 

53 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

There is an option for a normal tailgate. I understand the multipro comes standard but didn't realize you could opt out. Just an FYI if anybody else thought it was the only option like I did. This should ease the fear for those who feel the multipro will be a problem. Personally, I like it and would come in very handy for me. The real issue for me is the tiny fuel tank. 

Overall, I'm liking these trucks more and more. 

It only comes standard on the SLT, AT4 and Denali trim levels.

The Multi Pro Tailgate no doubt incorporates changes to the BCM and adds extra wiring or a harness to the system.

Like most who have seen it and question the potential damage caused by lowering onto a receiver hitch, I would be nervous as well with one on my nice new truck.

After all, we are human and I can see multiple owners posting about their misfortunes with the fancy/functional tailgate.

Why GM did not add an extra sensor to help prevent this is beyond me, considering all of the new camera/trailering options.

How many of you out there have accidentally rammed your shin or knee on the receiver sticking out? Add me to the list! :smash:

These Tailgates will no doubt suffer the same fate.

Edited by Sierra Dan

It only comes standard on the SLT and Denale trim levels.
The Multi Pro Tailgate no doubt incorporates changes to the BCM and adds extra wiring or a harness to the system.
Like most who have seen it and question the potential damage caused by lowering onto a receiver hitch, I would be nervous as well with one on my nice new truck.
After all, we are human and I can see multiple owners posting about their misfortunes with the fancy/functional tailgate.
Why GM did not add an extra sensor to help prevent this is beyond me, considering all of the new camera/trailering options.
How many of you out there have accidentally rammed your shin or knee on the receiver sticking out? Add me to the list! :smash:

The AT4 comes with it too and I’m not worried about the hitch. I remove mine when a trailer isn’t hooked up. Given the only other option is a regular manual tailgate on GMC, I wouldn’t opt to not equip mine with the multipro. The Silverados besides base level have an auto standard tailgate.

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

It only comes standard on the SLT, AT4 and Denali trim levels.

Anyone know if the option for the standard tailgate gives us the version from the High Country?  That would be ideal to keep the remote up/down but not have the 2 piece version.  

Anyone know if the option for the standard tailgate gives us the version from the High Country?  That would be ideal to keep the remote up/down but not have the 2 piece version.  

From what I understand no. If you opt out of the Pro tailgate on SLT, Denali or AT4 you get a manual tailgate like the lower level models. The auto tailgates without the pro features are only available on higher end Chevys.