Do the 2019's all have Auto-Stop???

Does anyone know if all models 2019 GM have the Auto-Stop? This has got to be one of the stupidest thing ever created. Even worse then the Volvo Mirrors on the 2019 GM trucks. I called head office @ GM and they said it 100% Cannot be disabled by any dealer.

Yes there are stupid hacks like roll up to a stop slow, and keep coasting ahead without full applying the brakes, or keep your A/C always on Max.

There is 100% a 1-2 second delay especially when your on a hill facing down.

Have driven both a 2017 Impala and Malibu with 4 cylinders with it. Can only image a V8 having to startup at every stop-light.

The automakers are doing everything they can to shave as much fuel economy as possible in order to meet the CAFE requirements.  Even if it means inconvenience for the consumers.  Technology is being pushed to the limits.  Not a lot of time for manufacturers to design something and test it out for a long period of time to work the bugs out. 

18 hours ago, BC_Silverado said:

Does anyone know if all models 2019 GM have the Auto-Stop? This has got to be one of the stupidest thing ever created. Even worse then the Volvo Mirrors on the 2019 GM trucks. I called head office @ GM and they said it 100% Cannot be disabled by any dealer.

Yes there are stupid hacks like roll up to a stop slow, and keep coasting ahead without full applying the brakes, or keep your A/C always on Max.

There is 100% a 1-2 second delay especially when your on a hill facing down.

Have driven both a 2017 Impala and Malibu with 4 cylinders with it. Can only image a V8 having to startup at every stop-light.

Yes except the lowest trims that use the carryover 4.3 and 5.3 so base Sierra, and then Chevy WT and Custom/Custom TB.  LT/SLE and up have it and there is a button on the dash to turn it off. 

And in those two cars you've driven, if you put it in manual mode and set it to the highest gear it drives exactly like it would in D but shuts off stop/start. 

Edited by newdude

13 hours ago, texasaggies16 said:

As many times a day I get in and out of the truck it really would add up in being a hassle.. 

If you make it a hassle sure.  Its no different than opening and closing the windows on the truck though.  Hit the button and boom. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If this can't be some how deleted, I refuse to buy one of these trucks one day.. I did not buy a truck to squeak out .5 extra MPG .. -.-

We’ll eventually get to the point where every vehicle has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a Cruze Premier as a rental. It had auto stop /start. I was able to defeat it. Once stopped I would let most of the pressure off the brake pedal but keep just enough to keep the car stopped. The car would keep running. Guessing the auto start stop had a sensor when brake pedal travel was 10% or more.

it's simple.. CAFE requirements. Like it or love it,  every new vehicle in the next few years will have this.  You can turn it off manually each time you crank up.  Also -  the start stop won't activate when the AC or heater is working hard.

It hasn't done it in my wife's car since last spring.. when it was cooler. 

I have driven several vehicles with Auto Start/Stop including the new F150 with eco 3.6L and 10 speed.

I can say that my new 2019 with 6.2L and 10 speed starts a WHOLE LOT SMOOTHER than anything else I have driven.  Honestly, the auto start stop in this truck is the best presentation of this technology that I have seen so far.  It might even be better than my parent's Audi Q7.

Seriously, it is pretty smooth.  I have found that I don't even turn it off every time anymore.  I thought I would hate it.  Also... the 2014-2018 trucks always felt to me like that started kind of rough.  This truck starts smooth.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it would be easy to wire mod the auto-start/stop like the F-150 guys had to start doing a couple years ago when Ford went all in on it. I don't know the specifics but it was simple splicing and required a cheap diode. 

Edited by HondaHawkGT

22 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

I'm sure it would be easy to wire mod the auto-start/stop like the F-150 guys had to start doing a couple years ago when Ford went all in on it. I don't know the specifics but it was simple splicing and required a cheap diode. 

I know that was the way some F150 people modified the air conditioner to cool better. (resistor)

Edited by crowsfoot