6.0 hesitation

I have a 2016 6.0 2500HD.  It seems to hesitate, kind of like a lean miss, at around 1/3 throttle, particularly going uphill and staying in a lower gear.  It isn't terrible.  Truck is still well within the warranty, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this just so I can have some ideas going into the dealer for warranty service.  I've heard the 6L90 can do some weird things that feel like an engine miss, so perhaps this is not really an engine issue.  

I have a 2016 6.0 2500HD.  It seems to hesitate, kind of like a lean miss, at around 1/3 throttle, particularly going uphill and staying in a lower gear.  It isn't terrible.  Truck is still well within the warranty, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this just so I can have some ideas going into the dealer for warranty service.  I've heard the 6L90 can do some weird things that feel like an engine miss, so perhaps this is not really an engine issue.  
I've been having the same problem, especially when I have the ac on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, 16Lucho said:

I've been having the same problem, especially when I have the ac on.

I almost never have my ac off!  cools me in the summer, dries the air in winter.  i was going windows down for awhile there but a damned yellow jacket flew in the window and stung me in the head, so back to the ac!

I get a pulsating/surging feeling going uphill at 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. I attribute this to the transmission. Step on the gas, let it shift down and no more surging, just a smooth pull. The 6L90 does funnny things sometimes. 

I get a pulsating/surging feeling going uphill at 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. I attribute this to the transmission. Step on the gas, let it shift down and no more surging, just a smooth pull. The 6L90 does funnny things sometimes. 
That's works when I'm not pulling, but when I pull my machinery it doesn't downshift until a 2-3 second delay. Pretty dangerous trying to get Into traffic and my truck doesn't get up and go.

My '16 does the same thing when running empty.  Usually between 2 and 3000 rpm  going uphill or under slight load and maybe 4th gear and 40 to 50mph.  If I run the same conditions with a 8000 lb 32' travel trailer behind the truck it runs smooth. 

16 hours ago, i82much said:

I did some reading, I think it is the TCC.  When I first bought the truck, I did a few controlled panic stops to see how it handled and the engine stalled once.  Apparently that is a TCC symptom.  We will see what the dealer says.  

I think others were having the same problem in an older thread and the consensus was that the torque converter would like to stay locked too long, causing the pulsating. People who had their trucks tuned said the problem went away. Keep us posted, hopefully GM has updated the software to eliminate this.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:09 AM, 16Lucho said:

That's works when I'm not pulling, but when I pull my machinery it doesn't downshift until a 2-3 second delay. Pretty dangerous trying to get Into traffic and my truck doesn't get up and go.

Are you using Tow - Haul button??? Makes a HUGE difference

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2019 2500 with a 6.0... I am experiencing a very noticeable Lack of acceleration when conservatively taking off... so it will change from 1st to 2nd and the amount of torque that you expect to be there in 2nd, isn’t. I have to step on it, get it to drop back to 1st before it will pick up speed. It’s more noticeable on hot days, and it seems to be getting worse.  It only has 30k on it and it only started doing this after I started towing a boat about 3 months ago. It does it with or without the boat. Very annoying 

My 2016 does this exact same thing, like others have said it seems more noticeable with the a/c on. If its the TCC holding on to long will this result in any long term issues? I have been eyeing up a black bear tune, i might just have to pull the trigger if it clears this up. I hear the 6l90 is a whole different animal once its tuned.