Who using their 2500hd Gasser?

Have fun tuning it lol. 聽You see nearly zero force induction equipped 2011 and newer gas HD's and the e78 ecm is the reason for that.聽
Im not tuning it, hv a shop tht tunes my cars. Hv a friend with a 17 zo6 tuned running on e85. Its nasty, i like. Have another friend with a 87 gnx on e85

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Its irrevelevant who does the tuning. 聽They likely will tell you it's fine and base their confidence off of tuning other torque model ecms like the e92 that vette would have. 聽Problem is the lack of actual support for the platform... he will see when he starts trying to clean up part throttle drivability. 聽Maybe you will get lucky and not tear the blower back off and sell it lol.聽

5 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Have fun tuning it lol. 聽You see nearly zero force induction equipped 2011 and newer gas HD's and the e78 ecm is the reason for that.聽

Please explain? Also, if it's a problem, why doesn't the supercharger manufacturer include a preprogrammed processor? EPA or something?聽

Already did one post up. 聽It's not a popular application lol... fleets buy these trucks mostly and don't add聽performance parts to them. 聽The ecm is shared with gas engine HD trucks and Chevy Cruze's.... nothing anyone cares about lol. 聽

So let's say you talk to a guy and he is like yeah I have tuned all this blah blah blah ask if he has actually done a 2011 or newer HD gas job that isnt basically stock lol. 聽Ecms arent a one fits all with GM... they build different models for different vehicles and in this case the 2011 up HD 6 liter trucks got an oddball. 聽The 2010 and older HDs run the聽e38 which tons of cars and trucks used so the support for the software to tune them was there. 聽Since this goofy thing was released and used on stuff with a limited market it is what it is.聽

I haven't cammed my own 2017 HD as it's being an ignorant pos even just stock. 聽I have a ghost timing pull I can't figure out and neither can a couple "pro" tuners either.... not to mention I can make table changes and it just does whatever it did before like I did nothing at all. I think I am missing tables as well to maybe handle my complaints...I have a cam and a phaser limiter sitting here but until this gets sorted out I am not putting it in to fight with some junk that wont run right. 聽

Take efilives forum board. 聽In 8 years the section dealing with the e78 ecm has gotten 4 pages of questions... so under 200. 聽Since the e92s release in 2013 that section has 297 pages of questions and counting. 聽Now what would you focus your efforts on lol. 聽

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1

Already did one post up. 聽It's not a popular application lol... fleets buy these trucks mostly and don't add聽performance parts to them. 聽The ecm is shared with gas engine HD trucks and Chevy Cruze's.... nothing anyone cares about lol. 聽

So let's say you talk to a guy and he is like yeah I have tuned all this blah blah blah ask if he has actually done a 2011 or newer HD gas job that isnt basically stock lol. 聽Ecms arent a one fits all with GM... they build different models for different vehicles and in this case the 2011 up HD 6 liter trucks got an oddball. 聽The 2010 and older HDs run the聽e38 which tons of cars and trucks used so the support for the software to tune them was there. 聽Since this goofy thing was released and used on stuff with a limited market it is what it is.聽

I haven't cammed my own 2017 HD as it's being an ignorant pos even just stock. 聽I have a ghost timing pull I can't figure out and neither can a couple "pro" tuners either.... not to mention I can make table changes and it just does whatever it did before like I did nothing at all. I think I am missing tables as well to maybe handle my complaints...I have a cam and a phaser limiter sitting here but until this gets sorted out I am not putting it in to fight with some junk that wont run right. 聽

Take efilives forum board. 聽In 8 years the section dealing with the e78 ecm has gotten 4 pages of questions... so under 200. 聽Since the e92s release in 2013 that section has 297 pages of questions and counting. 聽Now what would you focus your efforts on lol. 聽
Thanks for the info, i will def ask those questions if i decide to go this route. Explains why the bully dog tuner i bought was worthless lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On September 20, 2018 at 5:33 PM, SierraHD17 said:

Best way to adjust a choke is remove it and throw it in the garbage lol. My Holley and Quickfuel are happy without one.

i like them, i actually got both of mine right! 聽one is on a plow truck, lets me go straight to work. the other is on a hot rod, lets me get out of the driveway asap while the baby is sleeping.

but nothing beats the remote start on my 2500hd. 聽that is just the cat's meow right there!

On 20/09/2018 at 5:33 PM, SierraHD17 said:

Best way to adjust a choke is remove it and throw it in the garbage lol. My Holley and Quickfuel are happy without one.

If you can fire up your carbed vehicles in the middle of winter or anything under 10deg.聽 and it will idle and drive away cleanly in under a minute.聽 聽Your idle circuit is way to rich.. And you are using to much fuel under normal operating conditions. To rich at idle.聽

A correctly tuned carb will run perfectly with a good choke setting and correct jetting under all situation.聽 聽Only reason to not use a choke is not knowing how to set one up.聽 Or a race engine that doesnt require it.聽

Not picking on anyone. But a well tuned carb will run almost as good as Efi. Even in the cold.聽

• Like 1

I dont own a carbed engine that isn't a race setup....sorry dont care about dailying old stuff like that or running it when its winter.... 聽How this pertains to 2015 and newer HDs is kind of lost lol. 聽Even the last 2 carb setups I have are going efi... carbs are only good for people scared of technology or required by racing sanctions to use them.

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1