Who using their 2500hd Gasser?

On 9/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, SierraHD17 said:

I dont own a carbed engine that isn't a race setup....sorry dont care about dailying old stuff like that or running it when its winter....  How this pertains to 2015 and newer HDs is kind of lost lol.  Even the last 2 carb setups I have are going efi... carbs are only good for people scared of technology or required by racing sanctions to use them.

That would be me, an old bastid scared of technology, still have the 71 Chevelle SS I've owned since new, the spread-bore carb and for that matter the points in distributor have served me and that car well, plan on keeping it that way, who knows, it may be the only car running after an EMP attack, lol. A lot of small engine manufacturers still use carbs, probably because the complexity, cost, and vibration issues make efi impractical. Sure the motorcycle manufacturers and outboard boat motor manufacturers have gone to efi, price out a new outboard motor, they're getting close to $100/hp, anyone out there willing to drop $60k or so on a 650 hp crate motor?

Edited by garagerog
spelling

The suspension looks like it’s handling it pretty well actually.  Not a ton of sag, pretty level actually.  

You said it’s hurtin, is that referring to the engine being underpowered or just overall too heavy for the truck?

1 hour ago, brclark82 said:

The suspension looks like it’s handling it pretty well actually.  Not a ton of sag, pretty level actually.  

You said it’s hurtin, is that referring to the engine being underpowered or just overall too heavy for the truck?

Brclark82, kinda just thoughts based on numbers. (Not exact) glad I threw those timbrens in there. 

I'll get a feel for it Saturday & Sunday. And report back. 

Brakes on both truck & trailer feel extremely good. 8.5 on gain. Seems to be working. 

500+ miles today. Truck was flawless towing the flatlands of the Midwest. Only one issue....6.4mpg @ 65mph. No way possible to get any better.  Going to take a detour thru Tennessee. I think I'd be really pushing things going from Nashville to Chattanooga. Where the elevation changes drastically. 

Edited by jt metal
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jt metal said:

500+ miles today. Truck was flawless towing the flatlands of the Midwest. Only one issue....6.4mpg @ 65mph. No way possible to get any better.  Going to take a detour thru Tennessee. I think I'd be really pushing things going from Nashville to Chattanooga. Where the elevation changes drastically. 

Nice set up there Mr jt metal, that's a toy hauler back there on that trailer? If you don't mind, length and weight of that nice looking rolling base camp? I'd be willing to put up with that milage to be "there" with that. Best upgrade for fuel milage towing that trailer is to buy a diesel unfortunately.

14 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

Nice set up there Mr jt metal, that's a toy hauler back there on that trailer? If you don't mind, length and weight of that nice looking rolling base camp? I'd be willing to put up with that milage to be "there" with that. Best upgrade for fuel milage towing that trailer is to buy a diesel unfortunately

I'm sorry. Been busy......

T

Yes hauler, yes. Trailer pushes the boundaries of the truck. 

Trailer weight is 10,800 unloaded. Pin weight is appx. 2500lbs, yikes! 

So with Harley and goodies. I'm close to adding 1800lbs. 

I spent weeks trying to sort out trailers. They are a nightmare that you would never believe. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, after plenty of researching and procrastinating, I purchased a Whipple Supercharger and started to install it late today, should have it complete by tomorrow, or Sunday. I am not in a hurry, just making sure that everything is installed correctly. I have a 2017 Chevy 2500hd High Country 6.0l that I am installing it in.

• Like 2

On 02/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

Well, after plenty of researching and procrastinating, I purchased a Whipple Supercharger and started to install it late today, should have it complete by tomorrow, or Sunday. I am not in a hurry, just making sure that everything is installed correctly. I have a 2017 Chevy 2500hd High Country 6.0l that I am installing it in.

Interested to see how this all works out with the trucks programming. Also you should start a new thread about this I think it would get lots of attention.

Edited by Saskquatch

On 11/2/2018 at 9:18 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

Definitely keep us posted! 

I agree with Saskquatch, start a build thread, lots of people would like to hear about this.

Been debating this but havent found any kits. How is it going thus far

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...