24 Hours With a 2019 Silverado 1500

newdude

Don't need more power when you lose up to 400lbs....both the 6.2 and 5.3 feel faster than K2. 

It’s 350 weight loss only on the high end models that get the plastic/carbon fiber beds. You cannot touch the new motors for years to come, specially designed that way. The K2 aside of the 8speed is completely programmable which safely adds 35HP and 25+Torque. Don’t get me wrong, I love innovation, just not seeing that much of an improvement aside of its relocating what the K2 already has, considering it’s new build from the ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

once you have the push start you will never go back.  So much easier not fooling with the key fob to lock/unlock or start your truck.. just leave in your pocket.  Also don't have a key fob beating around the steering column with every bump you hit.. 

I totally agree with this. My wife has a 2018 Traverse and this is one feature I so wish my truck had.

What were you using to shoot the pics? They are uber clear and detailed...

Love that color/chrome combo on that truck. Backseat is a HUGE improvement in comfort and safety (headrests). GM continues to fail hard on interiors like it’s still the 80s...shame since it looks great outside...

Edited by Jim165

15 hours ago, Jim165 said:

Love that color/chrome combo on that truck. Backseat is a HUGE improvement in comfort and safety (headrests). GM continues to fail hard on interiors like it’s still the 80s...shame since it looks great outside...

The GM interiors are not at Ram level of eye candy but after having been living in one since 2015 it's easilly my favorite interior to live with on a day to day basis. What it lacks in glued on wingdings it more than makes up for in functionality and overall comfort. I had a 2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn with the cattle interior and depsite the fact that no other pickup could touch that level of luxury inside the GM has flat out been much better for me to live with. It was the first time (and last) that I bought a truck heavily based on the interior. The burlwood and Katzan leather interior did not make for a better driving or reliability epxerience in any way shape or form. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim165 said:

Nothing special.  Nikon D3200 I've had for about 5-6 years.  Stock 18-55mm lens, and then a Nikon 35mm lens. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, magnum74 said:

The GM interiors are not at Ram level of eye candy but after having been living in one since 2015 it's easilly my favorite interior to live with on a day to day basis. What it lacks in glued on wingdings it more than makes up for in functionality and overall comfort. I had a 2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn with the cattle interior and depsite the fact that no other pickup could touch that level of luxury inside the GM has flat out been much better for me to live with. It was the first time (and last) that I bought a truck heavily based on the interior. The burlwood and Katzan leather interior did not make for a better driving or reliability epxerience in any way shape or form. 

Yup, Lots of candy to distract poor buyer away from the REAL MEAT OF TRUCK!  Check out the impressive bolts sticking out on wheel wells of those brand new 2019's rams as they hold the splash guards up in fender wells?  Ya...RAM at it's finest!