24 Hours With a 2019 Silverado 1500

newdude

once you have the push start you will never go back.  So much easier not fooling with the key fob to lock/unlock or start your truck.. just leave in your pocket.  Also don't have a key fob beating around the steering column with every bump you hit.. 

once you have the push start you will never go back.  So much easier not fooling with the key fob to lock/unlock or start your truck.. just leave in your pocket.  Also don't have a key fob beating around the steering column with every bump you hit.. 

Ive got it in my Yukon, convenient if you have a purse. I don’t like it very much cause you cannot be comfortable driving with your keys in your pocket. Don’t get me wrong but I don’t like it. Even my wife complains she’s got to dig around her purse looking for the keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a switch in the bed to turn on the bed lights? I know it’s a small inconvenience, but I find it a pain to turn them on from the dash when I need a little light on things and I am already out of the truck.   I’m pretty sure Ford has switch back there.

1 hour ago, Kevinreitan said:

what are your thoughts on the keyless puch button start?  Seems that is a standard feature on the 1500 now, not really thrilled since the 18s will be gone before i am in the market next summer.

Depending on how its optioned, T1 has both keyed and keyless ignition.  WT, Custom, Custom TB and LT get keyed ignition standard.  Keyless is an option on LT that it baked into the PCL convenience package (Convenience Package 1).  Keyless ignition is standard on RST, LT TB, LTZ and High Country.   

1 minute ago, smit303 said:

Do you have a switch in the bed to turn on the bed lights? I know it’s a small inconvenience, but I find it a pain to turn them on from the dash when I need a little light on things and I am already out of the truck.   I’m pretty sure Ford has switch back there.

Negative on switch in bed.  Still on the dash.  They do light up with the entry/exit lighting now though I did notice at night. 

Very comprehensive review Newdude.  Only thing I dislike about the new truck are the bland interiors in comparison to Ford and Ram especially.  Looks too much like the outgoing K2 model and the higher trims aren't in the same ballpark.  Exterior styling wise the new trucks tick alot of boxes for me 

Very comprehensive review Newdude.  Only thing I dislike about the new truck are the bland interiors in comparison to Ford and Ram especially.  Looks too much like the outgoing K2 model and the higher trims aren't in the same ballpark.  Exterior styling wise the new trucks tick alot of boxes for me 

The new interiors are ok but the thing that gets me and why I decided to go with the 18 was that GM carried over same HP and minus 10 on torque for the 6.2. The other is that currently, trying to program the new ones will be a very long wait especially since the 8speeds still cannot be tuned yet. I love the GM is innovative and has the best truck out there but come on, more power please! Lol, I pulled into my dealer yesterday and was greeted with keys to a new Denali, I started laughing and politely said not a big enough difference to give up my almost new and still having the new car smell bad boy.

10 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

The new interiors are ok but the thing that gets me and why I decided to go with the 18 was that GM carried over same HP and minus 10 on torque for the 6.2. The other is that currently, trying to program the new ones will be a very long wait especially since the 8speeds still cannot be tuned yet. I love the GM is innovative and has the best truck out there but come on, more power please! Lol, I pulled into my dealer yesterday and was greeted with keys to a new Denali, I started laughing and politely said not a big enough difference to give up my almost new and still having the new car smell bad boy.

no minus 10 ,  the 6.2 has made 420/460 since 2014 ..only  difference is from 6 speed, to 8 speed to now 10 speed 

12 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Don't need more power when you lose up to 400lbs....both the 6.2 and 5.3 feel faster than K2. 

Also, not a big enough difference?  In what way exactly?  Sure, the dash design is "similar" but these trucks share just about nothing with the 2014-2018.  Not sure how that's not a big enough difference.  :dunno: 

And no, I'm not sticking up for GM, as there are faults with T1 just as there are faults with K2, GMT-900, GMT-800, etc.  None of them are perfect, and even other brands, none of them are perfect either. 

Edited by newdude

14 minutes ago, newdude said:

Don't need more power when you lose 400lbs....both the 6.2 and 5.3 are faster than the K2. 

One common comment I've continually seen is how much better the throttle feel and responsiveness is.

Edited by magnum74

Just now, magnum74 said:

One common comment I've seen is how much better the throttle feel and responsiveness is.  and 

Yes it is.  I don't want to call it Ram-Like, as Ram has a really jumpy throttle with the Hemi, but its definitely improved.