24 Hours With a 2019 Silverado 1500

newdude

On 9/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, newdude said:

- Cargo lights can't be turned on while driving still.

It is illegal to have white lights on the rear while driving. The cargo lights will never be able to be turned on in any vehicle from the factory.

1 minute ago, aseibel said:

It is illegal to have white lights on the rear while driving. The cargo lights will never be able to be turned on in any vehicle from the factory.

Sucks because you could do it on GMT-900 and older. 

1 minute ago, newdude said:

Sucks because you could do it on GMT-900 and older. 

My 1998 couldn't do it. I know there are a few times when people want to check loads, just like having the rear camera on while moving forward, but its a safety issue over our convenience.

I like how GM changed out the rear seat head rest, not sure why so large blocking view but nice addition as well as the rear AC vents. One thing out of a few not listing, the back rear seat compartments will be completely blocked while sitting (no biggie) especially a no no once you install car seats which are a pain to install yet alone having to unhook just to use the rear seat compartment. No car seats great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I like how GM changed out the rear seat head rest, not sure why so large blocking view but nice addition as well as the rear AC vents. One thing out of a few not listing, the back rear seat compartments will be completely blocked while sitting (no biggie) especially a no no once you install car seats which are a pain to install yet alone having to unhook just to use the rear seat compartment. No car seats great.

RAM and Ford also have large back seat Head Rests that block your view.

Must be an industry standard?

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

My 1998 couldn't do it. I know there are a few times when people want to check loads, just like having the rear camera on while moving forward, but its a safety issue over our convenience.

My 1998 cant do it.  The 2005 at work also cant do it.

RAM and Ford also have large back seat Head Rests that block your view.
Must be an industry standard?

Same supplier different molds lol. I’m wondering if I can swap my 18 rear head rest out with the new 19 head rest? [emoji848]

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Same supplier different molds lol. I’m wondering if I can swap my 18 rear head rest out with the new 19 head rest? emoji848.png

Newdude might be able to answer this.....

2 hours ago, aseibel said:

Hm.  My 04 and 06 regular cab HD trucks would turn on the bed cargo light while driving. 

The 19 headrest folds down now

Greeeeaat, wonder if there a replacement headrest out there or maybe just have to take them both off and get them reformed/molded a bit taller so grownups don’t wack the rear glass with their heads ha