SixPointTwo

Rear air conversion for 2014-2018 using a 2019 center console?

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a Chevy Silverado that doesn’t have the rear vents and I noticed the 2019 has the center console with the rear vents.

Does anyone have any idea if a conversion is possible using a 2019 center console to install in a 2014-2019 Silverado and somehow hook up the duct work/electrical? I apologize if someone has already asked this but I googled the heck out of this and I can’t find any answers.

I’m assuming this probably isn’t possible due to my lack of results from googling but I wanted to ask here. It sure would be awesome if possible!

• Like 1

Think your the first, i am def interested. Dont need the control aspect just the hookup

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this since before they released the info for the 19s. I think it would be easier and cheaper to just run ductwork from the ducts under our seats, and route it through our consoles. One of the challenges is getting an adapter to fit on the end of the duct under our seats. Another challenge would be the need for a second blower.

And as always... Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You've probably hit on a modification that could become popular when '19's start hitting the salvage yards!  I imagine new and/or custom parts are scarce  There was some discussion earlier on moving the under seat vents and I recall a picture or two of some custom relocation attempts.  You will undoubtedly find that some custom under carpet ducting will be required that may or may not be a stumbling point in the project.  

I wouldn’t mind the rear cup holders on the 19 console. If someone’s in the middle rear seat then no cup holders except for the small ones in rear doors.

I bet the 19 console won’t fit well where it meets the lower dash. I read somewhere that they brought the center of the 19 dash out more towards the driver and passenger vs our k2xx long reach design.

Well darn, maybe there’s a way to get a newer console and gut the ventilation out. Then modify my current console so the ducting/vents would fit nicely. Although now I’m wondering if the 2019 doesn’t have a more powerful blower fan and if my current Silverado would have enough umph to force air back to the rear vents efficiently.

Edit: Also after looking more at the 2019 interior I noticed the usb/power outlets are located more on the dash and not the console itself like the 2014-2018 models. So most

likely I’d have to take parts from it (if it would be feasible) and integrate them into my console.

Edited by SixPointTwo