Guys help me fix my mirrors!

Hey guys so I took of my mirror caps to autodip them black. I went inside my house for a few minutes and when i came back out it was raining...

I pulled the truck into the garage and noticed my mirrors were all out of wack. The motor in the mirror kept running as if i was holding the button down. I adujsted the settings like normal on both mirrors and when I switched to reverse the mirrors when haywire! they moved up and down until stopping. I put the truck in park and the mirrors tilted up but in random positions. I turned of the truck and the motors kept running on both.

I'll include two videos.

Video one shows what happens when I turn off the truck and open the door.

Video two shows how the motor just keeps running....

Please help guys idk what to do!

10 minutes ago, jlozan2 said:

Do you really think that will work?

You are here asking for advice.

Have you ever submerged your cell phone in water or got it wet? Ever stuck it in an oven or a bowl of rice to extract moisture?

Point is you need to get the moisture out of the motors on the mirrors.

Since you cannot submerge your truck in rice or stick it in the oven, I recommend a hair dryer on low heat to see if that will help.

Otherwise take it to the dealer and let them handle it :thumbs:

• Like 2

Freaking serious, you’re under warranty, hair dryer.....really!? Go to the dealership and tell them you don’t know what the problem is and it’s under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems spiders love to hang out inside mine and their webbing and dead kills when wet slogged up the motors. Replaced quite a few accessory caps and don't remember the motors being exposed once the decorative only shell is removed.

A blast of compressed air followed to remove the frass followed by a hairdryer to dry through the mirror edge gaps worked on mine. Periodically hit them with a dose of insecticide to discourage future vagrants.

Warranty would not have covered removal of the insect mess in mine nor the nests the birds made in front of the A/C condenser.

Edited by Thomcat

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

Seems spiders love to hang out inside mine and their webbing and dead kills when wet slogged up the motors. Replaced quite a few accessory caps and don't remember the motors being exposed once the decorative only shell is removed.

A blast of compressed air followed to remove the frass followed by a hairdryer to dry through the mirror edge gaps worked on mine. Periodically hit them with a dose of insecticide to discourage future vagrants.

Warranty would not have covered removal of the insect mess in mine nor the nests the birds made in front of the A/C condenser.

Thank you for the hair dryer mention.

I knew i was not crazy :thumbs:

On 9/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, Sierra Dan said:

You are here asking for advice.

Have you ever submerged your cell phone in water or got it wet? Ever stuck it in an oven or a bowl of rice to extract moisture?

Point is you need to get the moisture out of the motors on the mirrors.

Since you cannot submerge your truck in rice or stick it in the oven, I recommend a hair dryer on low heat to see if that will help.

Otherwise take it to the dealer and let them handle it :thumbs:

Update!

I took it to the dealership. The technician took a look at it and deemed it to be covered under warranty. I got it back yesterday and they work perfectly again. He said they just had to reprogram them. 

I've learned my lesson.... Mods will only be conducted inside the garage lol