2016 Silverado intake manifold.

Gets guys looking for some info. I have a 2016 Silverado L83 5.3L. I have kooks headers and off road y-pipe with The MBRP dual pre-axle exhaust with MSD coils and wires and Volant air intake. I am also looking at upgrading to stage 2 cam with new heads and the MSD Air Force #2700 intake manifold and a Kaetech throttle body. Has anyone used this intake combination on the L83 and any suggestions for heads or cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Centex14 said:

I’d skip the manifold and throttle body. Stock they’ll flow plenty of air for heads and cam. I’ve only seen a couple of people run the msd manifold and most are boosted.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

Could always do the l86 manifold and tb. Super cheap from pace performace

That would be better spent money. I’ve just not seen any benefit come from any of the aftermarket manifolds unless you are boosted and even then it’s high boost. There’s definitely nothing to gain on stock cubes. Think 427+ to start seeing benefits.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

Just now, Centex14 said:

That would be better spent money. I’ve just not seen any benefit come from any of the aftermarket manifolds unless you are boosted and even then it’s high boost. There’s definitely nothing to gain on stock cubes. Think 427+ to start seeing benefits.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

I agree instead of paying 1200 for the msd and likr 600 for katech tb.  Spend like 300 on L86 ones

I’ll admit I haven’t run one but from what I’ve seen and read on several forums it hasn’t been positive on trucks or cars unless it’s big cubes or forced induction. They do work, but not for stock bolt on vehicles. Better places to spend money.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

2 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

You guys are not informed.

Yes the msd will do little as a stock bolt on. But if you’re cammed with other bolt ons, it’s worth atleast 30whp. It is absolutely proven it makes considerably more hp than an lt1 intake.

Is 20 more horsepower worth 2 grand? Nope