Audio install

Guys I need some help I’m putting a sub in my 15 crew cab. I’m wanting to install one 12” sub under the rear seat. The problem I’m having is finding a box and sub that match each other. If anyone has any single 12 setups I could see that would be awesome also where the box came from and what the sub is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guys I need some help I’m putting a sub in my 15 crew cab. I’m wanting to install one 12” sub under the rear seat. The problem I’m having is finding a box and sub that match each other. If anyone has any single 12 setups I could see that would be awesome also where the box came from and what the sub is.

http://probox.com/products/car-truck-enclosures/chevrolet-gmc/crew-cab/cc14-112a-1600

This link has a powered 12 in a box specifically made for the sub. Read several good reviews.

I’m also in search of a sub setup just not sure which way I’m gonna go with it. So far from my findings, prefabbed boxes a lot of times will not work as well as a custom box. Maybe check some local audio shops see how much one would cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been considering one of the enclosures from SubThump, here is a single sub enclosure:

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Silverado-And-Sierra-Crew-Cab-Custom-Subwoofer-Enclosures-by-Subthump/2014-Up-GM-Crew-Cab-Single-Downfire-Box.html

I'm not sure of the quality, but the pictures look good. I have a center console and don't have the Bose system, so I think I am going to add a subwoofer to the center console first and see how that does then add subwoofers to the rear if that doesn't do enough for me.

I had a double 12" box with two Kenwood Excelons in it in my 2011. I've had a hard time getting on board with Kenwood though. This time on my 2015 I kept everything stock and just added a 500 watt / 300 rms amp and took a double 10" box I already had and cut it in half. Sealed the end and used a 10" JL 10TW1. I thought about a 12 but personality I like a tighter bass. The JL gets pretty low too. Hits super hard in my opinion and it's clean. I have a bass knob under the dash so I can fine tune it to the song and style of music. 

Just thought I'd throw the single 10" possibility out there. 

I had a double 12" box with two Kenwood Excelons in it in my 2011. I've had a hard time getting on board with Kenwood though. This time on my 2015 I kept everything stock and just added a 500 watt / 300 rms amp and took a double 10" box I already had and cut it in half. Sealed the end and used a 10" JL 10TW1. I thought about a 12 but personality I like a tighter bass. The JL gets pretty low too. Hits super hard in my opinion and it's clean. I have a bass knob under the dash so I can fine tune it to the song and style of music. 
Just thought I'd throw the single 10" possibility out there. 

I’ve looked at that 10 also just wondering if it would give me a decent low end bass, I’m not looking to rattle everything loose just want to be able to have a good bass as well, I listen to everything from rock to rap to country I’ve had 12s in everything and a kicker 10 in the last truck I had which was an f150 but it couldn’t really hit the lows like I wanted maybe the jl slim can hit lower

I had the same school of thought. I had these Kenwood 12"s and a couple single boxes that would only fit standing up. I just couldn't get the sound I wanted. I could shake the truck hard but not what I wanted. 

Decided to spend the money on the JL sand I couldn't be happier. I may even get one more and a double box that actually fits. The one i modiy was for a 2011 crew cab, I gave a double cab. Good luck!  Oh and the reviews for the JL says it can hit lower than most tens is correct. 

http://ground-shaker.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=480&name=black-10-dual-ported-sub-box-fits-chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-crew-cab-2014-2017&Itemid=104&lang=en

this is the box I want to get. It’s perfect for the subs I want to get and the air space is perfect.

Edited by Willie will

I had the same school of thought. I had these Kenwood 12"s and a couple single boxes that would only fit standing up. I just couldn't get the sound I wanted. I could shake the truck hard but not what I wanted. 
Decided to spend the money on the JL sand I couldn't be happier. I may even get one more and a double box that actually fits. The one i modiy was for a 2011 crew cab, I gave a double cab. Good luck!  Oh and the reviews for the JL says it can hit lower than most tens is correct. 

Is yours the thin series 10

The model is JL10TW1. I'm not sure but there may be one that's just as thin or maybe thinner. Not sure. I went for one that was a little more expensive but the guy running the store said with my amp this one would be better suited to me. It is a thin sub, no doubt about that. 

JL Audio 13TW5 is what I would go with. Had one in a 2009 Escalade I had then transferred it to a behind the seat custom box in an F250 I had. I’m looking at another one for my 17 Silverado. No problems fitting under the seat in a low profile box. Paired with an MX500/1 amp and the thing will rock.