Question About Trailboss Lift

10 hours ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Nice photos.  How do those 33×12.5s clear on the inside at the control arm or sway bar?  I assume that it should be pretty good with zero offset.  I'm trying to figure out what I would need to do to run 305/55r20s on a stock 20x9 wheel. I thing the factory offset is something like +27.  

They clear the control arm and sway bar with no issue. The only thing you will need to make sure of is that the rim clears the caliper.  The calipers are larger for 2019+ and the angle of the rim spokes on some aftermarket wheels wont clear.  If you use a stock wheel, you may need a small spacer to clear the inside because a 12.5 wide tire is pretty wide.  Mine used to rub the mudflap but doesnt anymore because I did the mudflap bracket mod which removes one of the brackets behind mudflap.  I can provide instructions on how to remove this if you want.  It's not very hard to do.

Edited by z1boss

13 hours ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Nice photos.  How do those 33×12.5s clear on the inside at the control arm or sway bar?  I assume that it should be pretty good with zero offset.  I'm trying to figure out what I would need to do to run 305/55r20s on a stock 20x9 wheel. I thing the factory offset is something like +27.  

In addition to what I wrote earlier this morning.  Here is a picture of the clearance between my tire and the control arm

20190924_111343.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:11 AM, z1boss said:

They clear the control arm and sway bar with no issue. The only thing you will need to make sure of is that the rim clears the caliper.  The calipers are larger for 2019+ and the angle of the rim spokes on some aftermarket wheels wont clear.  If you use a stock wheel, you may need a small spacer to clear the inside because a 12.5 wide tire is pretty wide.  Mine used to rub the mudflap but doesnt anymore because I did the mudflap bracket mod which removes one of the brackets behind mudflap.  I can provide instructions on how to remove this if you want.  It's not very hard to do.

I’m interested in removing bracket on my AT4.  Just need basic instructions thanks 

21 hours ago, camsteven said:

I’m interested in removing bracket on my AT4.  Just need basic instructions thanks 

You remove the 3 torque screws on the front side of the mudflap, then remove a 10 mm bolt on the back side.  The mudflap can then be pulled away from the truck body and pushed towards the engine bay.  There will be another torque screw holding the carpet wheel liner to the bracket, remove this and pull the wheel liner up and away as much as you can.  This will give you access to the bracket behind it.  The bracket has 4 bolts that have 13 or 14 mm heads.  Remove those and the bracket comes off.  Then put everything back in reverse order.  The final step is to drill a small hole on the back side of the carpeted wheel liner near where it attaches to the rear front mudflap and insert and zip tie it into that new hole and an existing hole on the body near it to pull the flap back.  Do not drill thru the mudflap, just the carpet.  Repeat for the other side.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

2019 Chevy trail boss LT on 33x12.5 R22x12 2” spacer on the bottom control arm. To level it out.  I can U turn like nothing, haul a trailer like nothing. Slight rubbing. Took off mud flaps in the front 

R/C has a 4” lift kit that fits. Will make it go up to a 6” . That’s my next thing to do

E468EA0C-4F41-445A-8DB3-106AC3260A21.jpeg

DC303155-F715-44A3-B6BC-4510FCBEF472.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, Big E in TX said:

Hello,

Being that the only lift out right now is the GM lift that comes on the Trail Boss, I had a couple of questions about it that I was hoping that some current owners/ enthusiasts wouldn't mind answering for me please?

#1- I understand it is a 2" lift correct? Is that a 3" in the front and 2 in the rear to make it level as well?

#2- is the max tire without trimming 33's if you had 20" wheels?

Thank you for your information.

-Big E

dude aren't you on the Silverado/sierra forums?....could a swore I have seen that name b4

its a straight 2" lift both front and rear.....rear block and front is clip style rancho shock/strut, no its not level

I haven't read above but sure someone probably said the same thing

9 hours ago, Dunn said:

dude aren't you on the Silverado/sierra forums?....could a swore I have seen that name b4

its a straight 2" lift both front and rear.....rear block and front is clip style rancho shock/strut, no its not level

I haven't read above but sure someone probably said the same thing

Hey bro, I have visited Silverado/Sierra forums but it’s been a hot minute. Used to look up info back when I had my 08 Silverado. I joined up here before I got my 2019 Silverado to learn about it and see what people enjoyed about the different trims before I pre-Ordered mine. 

This post I remember was right before I pre-ordered, I did not know if I wanted to go Trail Boss or LTZ and go 6” lift. 

I ended up going LTZ, then added a 6” BDS lift when they went on sale after SEMA which was late December 2018.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone noticed significant trailer sway while trailering. Just bought a 2020 Trail Boss and encountered significant trailer sway  in wind.

I have been pulling my trailer with a 2011 Sierra and never had this issue.  Would it have something to do with the lift in the Trail Boss. 

The dealership says it shouldn't be because of the lift. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:12 AM, Rook1812 said:

Has anyone noticed significant trailer sway while trailering. Just bought a 2020 Trail Boss and encountered significant trailer sway  in wind.

I have been pulling my trailer with a 2011 Sierra and never had this issue.  Would it have something to do with the lift in the Trail Boss. 

The dealership says it shouldn't be because of the lift. 

ONly towing a 7x14 enclosed but I have no issues with sway on my AT4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...