Question About Trailboss Lift

Hello,

Being that the only lift out right now is the GM lift that comes on the Trail Boss, I had a couple of questions about it that I was hoping that some current owners/ enthusiasts wouldn't mind answering for me please?

#1- I understand it is a 2" lift correct? Is that a 3" in the front and 2 in the rear to make it level as well?

#2- is the max tire without trimming 33's if you had 20" wheels?

Thank you for your information.

-Big E

Edited by Big E in TX

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Big E in TX said:

Hello,

Being that the only lift out right now is the GM lift that comes on the Trail Boss, I had a couple of questions about it that I was hoping that some current owners/ enthusiasts wouldn't mind answering for me please?

#1- I understand it is a 2" lift correct? Is that a 3" in the front and 2 in the rear to make it level as well?

-Big E

I was wondering the same, according to my understanding. its a 2" front and 2" rear, the truck isn't leveled, I seen a few people put the rough country 2" leveling kit on the trailboss/at4 no issues. I believe these trucks got 2.25" of rake.

I don't think the max tire size of 33" chevy claims you can run up to a35" tire.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, Big E in TX said:

Hello,

-Big E

It is a two inch lift all around.  The lift in the front is done via longer strut assemblies and the lift in the rear is done via a block spacer.  The truck has a factory rake.  I measured my Trail Boss and it is 1.5" higher from ground to fender in the rear of the truck.  I am currently running a 33.5 x 12.50 R20 Mud tire with a 20 x 9 rim 0mm offset.  There is a very slight rub at 100% full lock when in drive.  When in reverse, it is a little more of a rub that starts around 90% full lock.  That being said, it barely rubs during normal driving or parking.  It does not rub offroad for me so far however I have not done any crazy offroading yet.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

I was wondering the same, according to my understanding. its a 2" front and 2" rear, the truck isn't leveled, I seen a few people put the rough country 2" leveling kit on the trailboss/at4 no issues. I believe these trucks got 2.25" of rake.

I don't think the max tire size of 33" chevy claims you can run up to a35" tire.

You cannot run a 35 if it is 12.5 wide and you have aftermarket rims.  The only way to run a 35 on the Trail Boss is with stock rims and only if the 35 is 10 inch wide max.  A 35 x12.5 will not fit.  I am waiting on lift kits to come out for the Trail Boss as I have talked to several lift kit manufactures and their regular 19 Silverado kits will not fit on a Trail Boss (leveling kits will fit).  Some will be making special kits for them.  Hopefully, they come out with a 2" inch lift all around for the Trail Boss bringing the total height to 4" which, in my opinion, will allow a 35 x12.5 mud tire.

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 1

I have seen Icon and CST suspension posts that they fit 35x12.5 ridgegrapplers on 17" wheels with a leveled silverado which would be equal to the stock trailboss/at4.  I would think 35x12.5 will fit the stock wheels or an icon wheel which makes their rims offset similar to oe wheels.  

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Gettinitdone said:

Are any of you guys with the trailboss running 17s with a large diameter tire like 35 or close hopefully next winter I can pick up a crew cab trailboss 

The only way to run a 35x12.5 on a Trailboss is on the stock rim.  You need a level to run that size tire on any aftermarket rims.  Also, a 17 inch wheel might not fit as these new 2019's have larger front calipers then the previous gen.  Even some of the aftermarket rims dont fit unless you run a spacer.  There is a thread out there (see below) in which people are listing which rims fit so far.   It has to do with the angle of the spokes.  I am running 33.5x12.5 tires on 20x9 with a 0 mm offset right now on my stock height Trail Boss and there is a very slight rub at full lock.  Any other questions, just let me know.

Edited by z1boss

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, Gettinitdone said:

Are any of you guys with the trailboss running 17s with a large diameter tire like 35 or close hopefully next winter I can pick up a crew cab trailboss 

I am wanting to do this with my new Trail Boss. Im

ready to pull the trigger and order wheels and tires but I can’t find anywhere or from anyone

weather or not this will work or not. I wanna do a 17 wheel with 35 tires. I currently have 33’s on 18’s and I have plenty of room yet...let me know if you were able to figure this out. Thanks!

The Icon truck is running a 315/70/17 which is a 34.5" tire.  They also run a 17" inch wheel so it does clear the caliper.  The Icon wheel is 8.5" wide with a 4.75" backspace and 0 offset.  According to Icon you can run a stock wheel, but they do not specify what 18" tire size.  

• Like 1

To answer your #1 question, no, it is not a level. There is a reason trucks have a slight rake, because they are designed to have a load on them. When you level, you sack the rear out and point your lights at the sky if you ever carry or tow anything. It's snowmobile season, so all the Bro kids are out with their leveled trucks and a sled in the back blinding you every time you pass one because they don't adjust their lights for the level. 

• Like 1

The Icon truck is running a 315/70/17 which is a 34.5" tire.  They also run a 17" inch wheel so it does clear the caliper.  The Icon wheel is 8.5" wide with a 4.75" backspace and 0 offset.  According to Icon you can run a stock wheel, but they do not specify what 18" tire size.  
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/complete-suspension-systems/1369-2019-up-gm-silverado-sierra-1500-15-35-suspension-system-stage2.html

It's at the bottom of the page in case someone was wondering.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, jj_marshy said:

I am wanting to do this with my new Trail Boss. Im

ready to pull the trigger and order wheels and tires but I can’t find anywhere or from anyone

weather or not this will work or not. I wanna do a 17 wheel with 35 tires. I currently have 33’s on 18’s and I have plenty of room yet...let me know if you were able to figure this out. Thanks!

You will not be able to clear a 35 on a Trail Boss unless you are running it on the stocks wheels or a wheel with a stock offset.  There are a couple people out there that have put a 35 on stock wheels but I am not sure if it rubs or not.  There has been one who said it didnt rub on an AT4.  If you have for example a 35x12.5 with a rim that has a 0 mm offset, it will not clear unless you have a level and even then it may slightly rub.  You may have to run an 11.5 to not rub, it all depends on the offset.   As for the 17 inch rim, if it clears the caliper then you should be fine.  Some base model 19s come with 17 inch rims so u should be okay but you will need to make sure the angle of the rim's spokes will clear the bigger caliper.  Also, If you are referring to the stock tires, they are actually only 32s on the black 18s.

Below are pictures of my tires all full lock.  I have a stock height Trail Boss with 33.5x12.5 tires on 20x9 rims with a 0 mm offset.  It has a slight rub at full lock but it's not that bad at all.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Screenshot_20190226-074840_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9f72bca0dc6607d7884ebc35fe8e7d69.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-074752_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23d8abe90e6d4fcff6391ce9822af6c2.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-074747_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e7f2e17afb9a30abd6dfd840b6acb605.jpg

Edited by z1boss

• 6 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, z1boss said:

You will not be able to clear a 35 on a Trail Boss unless you are running it on the stocks wheels or a wheel with a stock offset.  There are a couple people out there that have put a 35 on stock wheels but I am not sure if it rubs or not.  There has been one who said it didnt rub on an AT4.  If you have for example a 35x12.5 with a rim that has a 0 mm offset, it will not clear unless you have a level and even then it may slightly rub.  You may have to run an 11.5 to not rub, it all depends on the offset.   As for the 17 inch rim, if it clears the caliper then you should be fine.  Some base model 19s come with 17 inch rims so u should be okay but you will need to make sure the angle of the rim's spokes will clear the bigger caliper.  Also, If you are referring to the stock tires, they are actually only 32s on the black 18s.

Below are pictures of my tires all full lock.  I have a stock height Trail Boss with 33.5x12.5 tires on 20x9 rims with a 0 mm offset.  It has a slight rub at full lock but it's not that bad at all.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Screenshot_20190226-074840_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9f72bca0dc6607d7884ebc35fe8e7d69.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-074752_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23d8abe90e6d4fcff6391ce9822af6c2.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-074747_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e7f2e17afb9a30abd6dfd840b6acb605.jpg

Nice photos.  How do those 33×12.5s clear on the inside at the control arm or sway bar?  I assume that it should be pretty good with zero offset.  I'm trying to figure out what I would need to do to run 305/55r20s on a stock 20x9 wheel. I thing the factory offset is something like +27.  

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, z1boss said:

You are consistently extremely helpful!

• Like 2