Strange infotainment issues

Greetings ALL,

So wanted to share my experience so far with the new 19 Silverado with the Infotainment 3 with nav.  I'm not sure if they've done away with the feature but I can not get text messages through the truck.  Not sure if this is something new and the dealer didn't know either.  The other strange thing is every time I get in the truck it tells me that I have to sign into the radio to have service.  I thought we were also supposed to have a bunch of apps to use but I only have Spotify and TWC.  Nothing else is available.  Am I alone or this really something not right with the truck?

thanks,

Pyro

Pyro

See my Onstar entry Topic below yours.

1. Create your account in the Users App to save your settings to the cloud.

2. I only have the TWC and Spotify also. But I had the twelve apps before they disappeared.

3. Load the Message App which would be under the Apps Drawer where the TWC and Spotify are now.

4. There is a Onstar GM Engineer [Infotainment Product Manager to be exact] working on this problem.

5. Ensure the unit is connected to the 4g Hotspot or another Wifi network to allow contact to the outside.

Edited by Rocz3cqg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pyrojodge said:

I dont see any of these items?  I dont see a message app available?   I tried calling onstar and tech support but they were 0 help.

After you set up your profile and have established your Wi-Fi Hotspot, you should be able to select APPS from your HOME screen and see the screens attached.  You can then select what apps you want to download and they will now be listed on your HOME Screen.

Dash1.jpg

Dash2.jpg

9 hours ago, clay00024 said:

There is no message app on the chevy

There is a Message App for the Silverado. I have it under my Apps Icon in my High Country. If you do not have it, Contact Onstar and they most likely

will pass you onto the Connections Group. Tell them you have a 2019 Silverado T1 truck with Infotainment Gen 3 Ver 3.41 unit.

1 hour ago, phil76 said:

I have GMC 2019 Sierra at4 and I don’t have any apps beside weather network and another one. I created a user and still only 2 apps shows up. Is this applicable in Canada?

A call to ONSTAR advisor should answer that question.  After setting up a user profile and the WiFi Hot Spot, I can go to the HOME page and click on the APPS icon and it lists 11 different Apps available for download.

I call onstar last night. They told me that the apps I see is the only ones available for my truck.  Either they are full of it... or the only apps available for gmc is the weather channel and glympse. Either way they said everything I working right. Until someone else in Canada with a gmc at4 can confirm what I’m seeing, I’m stuck.

8 hours ago, phil76 said:

I call onstar last night. They told me that the apps I see is the only ones available for my truck.  Either they are full of it... or the only apps available for gmc is the weather channel and glympse. Either way they said everything I working right. Until someone else in Canada with a gmc at4 can confirm what I’m seeing, I’m stuck.

Keep checking them.  Originally the Messages App was not there but then showed up!  My display currently list 11 available Apps available for download.