GM Aqua Color for Warm White accent lights

So in the Suburban I was extremely annoyed when I noticed the door handle LEDs, Footwell LEDS, and the overhead DVD consoles all had warm white LED lighting, while the rest of the Suburban had cool white or aqua color accent lighting. I have found a solution for now that will help boost the look a little bit while I get a final solution for beefing up the quality of the accent lighting. Here are some before and afters.

The after interior door handle one is actually aqua color like the under seat and dash after photos. For some reason the lighting in my garage messed up that. The color is about as perfect a match to the OEM aqua accent lighting in the truck already. The sad part is my wifes 2016 Equinox comes factory with this color in the handles. I couldn't find an easy way to swap them but I am still working on it. The overhead DVD lighting accent is actually EL it appears so that was harder to show in a picture, but its a lot more mellow at night than the old warm white look. 

Still some finishing touches to do for the door handles but it is so much better at night now being a muted softer light there than the ugly warm white. I will get some night shots of this as well soon.

IMG_20181029_150506562~2.jpg

IMG_20181029_150545495~2.jpg

IMG_20181029_150826861~2.jpg

IMG_20181029_151220262~2.jpg

IMG_20181029_155212199~2.jpg

Whoops. Forgot to put that in on it.  3M Scotchcal transparent for LEDs vinyl overlay on the LEDs (doors, dash and seats) and the EL strips (overhead DVD players. I can get it in many other colors as well. Once I find some disassembly instructions for the door handle cups I want to actually strip them down and swap the LEDs out. 

Thanks for sharing. I have been wanting to retrofit my Monte Carlo with modern color schemes to either match my truck (blue lagoon is the color, I believe), or my SS which is very close, if not the same color as your Tahoe. I was originally going to go the LED route, but the color film seems it would be a bit easier and universal.

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 10:20 AM, Phase9 said:

Interesting ? nice job!

Thanks. It's rather nice little touch to unify the lighting feel inside. The film comes in tons of colors so it was easy to match it up. The film I got though is specific for laying over LED lights to minimize diffusion.