2015 Silverado with HUD retrofit/upgrade.

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Exactly right. So us K2 trucks have to fabricate it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And are we glad we have guys like you that can and Vik to test and make stuff like this. 

• Like 1

Can you not just order the Yukon bezel? Test drove a Denali Yukon the other day with HUD. Does 2018 K2 Denali have HUD? Just order all the stuff for that truck, dash, switch, windshield etc.? 

If only was that easy. [emoji23]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, pgamboa said:

11c83515448523c77c6df77f42c62e87.jpg

And...using a dremel for this precise cut is not my expertise. LOL. Good thing this was a practice run. emoji23.png

I plan on covering the surrounding area with lots of painters tape to avoid a similar experience.?

How are you attaching the switch to the trim piece?

Did you cut the hole the size of the hashed piece on your template?

Edited by SASK_RT
  • Like 1

I plan on covering the surrounding area with lots of painters tape to avoid a similar experience.[emoji1696]
How are you attaching the switch to the trim piece?
Did you cut the hole the size of the hashed piece on your template?

I’ll be doing the same with protection. I asked Viktorrocks15 and he used epoxy based adhesive.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

You did the Denali cluster didn’t you?

He did, but I believe he mentioned that his cluster did not have the HUD connection.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Josh99722 said:

I'm finished with my Parts, still diagnosing why it wont actually display, but took pics of my cuts

I'll post them if you would like, I used a tape measure to help

Post up any pics you have.  Any hep would be greatly appreciated by my self and anyone else that's going to try to complete this.

I am trying to source the HUD bezel (camaro part# 22758784).  There are none in the system in all of Canada.  Anyone know how easy it would come off the dash of a salvage camaro? Would it just pop off? or is there a backing piece that would be needed also? In other words...Is the bezel a single piece or two pieces?  

Thanks

I am trying to source the HUD bezel (camaro part# 22758784).  There are none in the system in all of Canada.  Anyone know how easy it would come off the dash of a salvage camaro? Would it just pop off? or is there a backing piece that would be needed also? In other words...Is the bezel a single piece or two pieces?  

Thanks

It slides towards you and up. It has 4 tabs on the sides. I actually notched those tabs so it’s pressure attached like factory.

11 minutes ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

It slides towards you and up. It has 4 tabs on the sides. I actually notched those tabs so it’s pressure attached like factory.

So it’s just a single piece that should pop off without much effort? So you have any pics of your notches/cut?

(Thanks for the quick reply)

So it’s just a single piece that should pop off without much effort? So you have any pics of your notches/cut?

(Thanks for the quick reply)

I don’t, but I’ll be doing Phil’s speaker grille with the Camaro trim piece just like mine and I’ll take picture this time. Wife gave me a day to do this project so between doing modifications and installation there was not much time for pictures or videos..[emoji2359]

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, Viktorrocks15 said:

I don’t, but I’ll be doing Phil’s speaker grille with the Camaro trim piece just like mine and I’ll take picture this time. Wife gave me a day to do this project so between doing modifications and installation there was not much time for pictures or videos..emoji2359.png

I'm looking forward to the pics. I think I have everything I need except the camaro bezel.  One more question to make sure I have everything on hand before I start...Is there existing hardware in the dash to mount the HUD unit? Or is the a package from GM that can be ordered? If not, can you share the specs of the hardware (size/thread/length)?  Thanks.