2015 Silverado with HUD retrofit/upgrade.

I'm looking forward to the pics. I think I have everything I need except the camaro bezel.  One more question to make sure I have everything on hand before I start...Is there existing hardware in the dash to mount the HUD unit? Or is the a package from GM that can be ordered? If not, can you share the specs of the hardware (size/thread/length)?  Thanks.

Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

This are the 2 spots/areas where I mounted my hud, there’s is an existing tab coming out of the main dash support and another closer to the firewall, the one from the firewall has to be drill because is covered by the cab body, and you have to build the support for the other tab as you can see on the picture., i bought a 1/2 (I think) aluminum hollow pipe at Home Depot and screw and nut..
with this being said this are the older pictures not the ones I used time, I had to install the hud under the tab(dash support) and lower the 2nd support so that hud is under/lower than dashboard, so basically same concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Viktorrocks15 said:

I don’t, but I’ll be doing Phil’s speaker grille with the Camaro trim piece just like mine and I’ll take picture this time.

I've got my fingers crossed that when you are working on Phil's truck that the two of you will produce a kick-ass how to video to share with the rest of us ?

• Like 1

I've got my fingers crossed that when you are working on Phil's truck that the two of you will produce a kick-ass how to video to share with the rest of us [emoji6]

[emoji23] - How to install HUD. “Buy all the stuff and install it”. [emoji12][emoji12]With something like this, it’ll be tough because the end goal is to get it done. When you factor documentation (whether it he written or video), that takes time. When I produce the videos, it literally takes all day to capture the most important parts. Then post production editing.. that’s like a job in itself default_smile.png. I’ve shot some video on the introduction of HUD and when I get around to it, I’ll try shoot more video.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From my research it looks like the replacement HUD windshield for our trucks will be out of a Yukon.  The windshield place I talk to said the heads up display windshield will come with brackets for rain sense and lane departure. Is there one that does not have these brackets?

Does anyone have any part numbers?

Thanks.

Edited by SASK_RT

From my research it looks like the replacement HUD windshield for our trucks will be out of a Yukon.  The windshield place I talk to said the heads up display windshield will come with brackets for rain sense and lane departure. Is there one that does not have these brackets?

Does anyone have any part numbers?
Thanks.

f91d6ef72c88a87fcc10c5777f4c87eb.jpg

13 hours ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

f91d6ef72c88a87fcc10c5777f4c87eb.jpg

My windshield guy says that the windshield you posted comes with brackets for rain sensor and camera.  Since my truck has neither of these features he says that these brackets will just be hanging out in the open and not look very good.  Did your truck utilize these brackets? 

He said he can't find a HUD windshield that does not have these brackets.

Anyone have any leads?

My windshield guy says that the windshield you posted comes with brackets for rain sensor and camera.  Since my truck has neither of these features he says that these brackets will just be hanging out in the open and not look very good.  Did your truck utilize these brackets? 

He said he can't find a HUD windshield that does not have these brackets.

Anyone have any leads?

All of them will have the brackets as they didn’t make any hud equipped vehicles that didn’t have those options. That being said you could use the camera cover trim to cover it up :)

46 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

All of them will have the brackets as they didn’t make any hud equipped vehicles that didn’t have those options. That being said you could use the camera cover trim to cover it up :)

That might be the solution...

How does this trim piece attach? Will my need an upgraded mirror or anything?

That might be the solution...

How does this trim piece attach? Will my need an upgraded mirror or anything?

Should just clip on, if you want to shoot us an email I can send you the diagram and likely part numbers if you want!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A lot of good stuff here guys. I've already done the denali cluster swap on my '14 Sierra and had the HUD enabled at the time. Yesterday I got a good size rock chip and now the windshield needs to be replaced. Does anyone have the actual part number of the Yukon HUD windshield needed? My truck has the lane assist so all the mounts behind the rear view mirror. I was reading the correct Yukon windshield only comes in 1 flavor but the generic picture on GM parts shows that windshield not to have the lane assist. Is the correct HUD windshield that will fit in my '14 with lane assist P/N 84352103?

Also, will all Denali clusters work or does it have to be a Denali cluster from a Yukon? Is there a plug I can check on my cluster to make sure I have the right one?

Thanks

Edited by taylormjones3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:20 AM, taylormjones3 said:

A lot of good stuff here guys. I've already done the denali cluster swap on my '14 Sierra and had the HUD enabled at the time. Yesterday I got a good size rock chip and now the windshield needs to be replaced. Does anyone have the actual part number of the Yukon HUD windshield needed? My truck has the lane assist so all the mounts behind the rear view mirror. I was reading the correct Yukon windshield only comes in 1 flavor but the generic picture on GM parts shows that windshield not to have the lane assist. Is the correct HUD windshield that will fit in my '14 with lane assist P/N 84352103?

Also, will all Denali clusters work or does it have to be a Denali cluster from a Yukon? Is there a plug I can check on my cluster to make sure I have the right one?

Thanks

i have a 2016 silverado ltz.

windshield for hud, always has lane departure bracket, no way around it.

i went with after market windshield, was over half the price. dealers order their windshields from same company then stamp gm on them and mark them up. had 3 windshield guys tell me, all customers of my store.

if you still need the #'s, i can upload a pic tonight of the windshield #

windshield was around $600 installed

bracket with lane departure camera ebay $60 .                             84505296

cover for bracket ebay $10 .                                                           23316899

cover for rear view mirror/fits onto bracket cover $6.50 .         23316901

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Josh99722 said:

i used this video to find out what the parts looked like, gm pictures are a nightmare.

he removes it at minute marker 1:20,

then re-installs it at minute marker 27:00

Wow... I can't believe I watched almost the whole thing!  That is definitely a job I wouldn't want!