2015 Silverado with HUD retrofit/upgrade.

10 minutes ago, JADSCOOP said:

I would go with Viktorrocks15 way of doing it . He is the one who built the first instrument hood for me. 

Viktorrocks15 keep me informed on how your project is going 

I may consider redoing my dashboard. Depending on how your turns out.

I have a black leather dash with stitching for sell if your gonna redo your dash ? HMU fr fr, just seen your dash is that high country brown orange 

Edited by Frankielozano214

Viktorrocks15 
Any chance on the new way saving the driver side window defrost piping?

I’m still in the beginning of it but I don’t think we can save the defrost vent pipe., it runs right in the middle where the hud Seats..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Progress update.!

Finally had the time to do the pre-install work measuring and fitting HUD to our gen 5 dashboard frame and dashboard itself.

***Note***
After doing measurements i realize what I wanted to do wasn’t going to work then I went and go ahead a cut the dashboard which I didn’t want to do in the beginning and as I was cutting I found the solution in the mistake I made, making everything come together like I wanted. Cheers!!!
I know you all want is pictures so here the are..
5f2e0f8af819c0805ab5da04e4972e1a.jpg I know this dashboard was cut
But it won’t be once is finish since that’s not my dashboard, it’s the experimental one. But it’s sort of the finish product without the cuts.IMG_4821.JPG
Here’s the speaker cowl after I fitted and install the HUD trim. No glue used, HUD trim has pressure tabs that need to be cut in order remove and install. 682905eea6327134ab08433bde36ff61.jpg
Here’s the speakers tray, top one is the oem and the bottom one after fitting hud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, JADSCOOP said:

Congratulations. I am going to redo my HUD install now. Do you have a part number on the trim ring or tell us what vehicle it is off of?

• Part # 22758784:  HUD Projector Trim Ring