BTR Cam 223/228, .604"/.604", 114 LSA

• 6.2_GMC_DEN changed the title to BTR Cam 223/228, .604"/.604", 114 LSA @ .050
16 hours ago, Nasty said:

Did you do headers as well?

Yes. I already have removed them and went back to Stock manifolds and 3rd Cat delete. Was not a fan of the TSP headers... Might look at Kooks now. Truck is back a tuner and hopefully be done Friday.

4 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I'm alittle confused on which cam you went with.  The idol video says BTR did I miss in the thread where you switched from TSP to BTR??  Did you ditch VVT?

Sorry about that I thought I had updated. Title changed now. I used a Comp Limiter, did not delete VVT. 

• 6.2_GMC_DEN changed the title to BTR Cam 223/228, .604"/.604", 114 LSA

Parts List I purchased from BTR for cam swap.

GEN V CAM INSTALL KIT
Choose Crank Bolt:
Wet Sump LT (standard snout) - 11547372
Fuel Pump Lash Cap:
No
Choose Phaser Kit:
LT1 Phaser Kit - Comp 5456
BTR87686 1 $143.95
BTR GEN V LT1/LT4/L83/L86 CAM KIT VCK/07/7850312/8146 1 $765.00
BTR GEN V DOD / AFM DELETE KIT GENVDOD 1 $424.20
DOD / AFM Valley Cover Options:      
1 x CBI STREETCARS GEN IV/V DOD OIL BLOCK OFF PLUGS (set of 8) $0.00 CBI/OBO    
(Optional) Add New Gen V Valley Cover Gasket:      
1 x CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE GEN V VALLEY COVER GASKET (LT1/LT4) - 12623104 $4.25 12623104    
Head Bolts / Studs:      
1 x CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE GEN V LT1 HEAD BOLT KIT $0.00 GM/LT1/HBK    
Head Gaskets:      
2 x CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE LT1 HEAD GASKET - 12659260 $0.00 12659260    
Header Gaskets:      
2 x CHEVROLET PERFORMNCE GEN V HEADER GASKET (LT1) - 12657093 $0.00 12657093    
Lifters:      
1 x CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE LS7 LIFTERS (set of 16) 12499225 $120.00 12499225    
Lifter Guides:      
4 x CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE 07+ LIFTER TRAYS 12595365 $0.00 12595365    
BTR GRAY SHIRT, 2XL BTRGRAYSHIRT012XL 1 $0.01
Subtotal $1,333.16
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (BTR2018NOVEMBER) -$133.32
Grand Total $1,199.84

(2) Gallons Dex-Cool 50/50

(8) Qt 10W-30 ZZ-OIL-COMP Break In Oil

(1) 10152 Lucas Assembly Lube

(1) TT Racing Black Billet Catch Can

(1) 12909 Magnaflow Muffler

(1) Taylor 92045 Firepower 9mm Spark Plug Wires

(8) 41-114 AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs

(12) AMsoil Synthetic Transmission Fluid

(1) Transmission Filter Kit

(1) Transmission Pan Gasket

(1) 3rd Cat delete

I installed TSP Headers and catted mid-pipe but removed after two days of driving. Was not a fan of all the extra exhaust leak sounds and how extremely loud my daily would become. So I removed headers and installed factory manifolds and mid-pipe but modified the 3rd cat. I have requested a return from TSP on headers. If I don't get anywhere I will have those up for sale if anyone is interested.

It’s not traction control that’s kicking in, it’s StabiliTrack. Push and hold your traction control button until both your “traction control off” light and your “StabiliTrack Off” light are illuminated on the dashboard. You should be able to launch without a problem, however, be aware that StabiliTrack will automatically turn back on once your speed reaches 35mph or above. Traction control will remain off regardless of speed until the traction control button is pressed again (turning both systems back on) or the vehicle is restarted.

There’s a warning in the manual about when both systems are off the ability to damage your driveline is increased. Given the reputation of the driveshafts on these trucks, you might want to upgrade to a 5” aluminum shaft.

54 minutes ago, 300 Blackout said:

It’s not traction control that’s kicking in, it’s StabiliTrack. Push and hold your traction control button until both your “traction control off” light and your “StabiliTrack Off” light are illuminated on the dashboard. You should be able to launch without a problem, however, be aware that StabiliTrack will automatically turn back on once your speed reaches 35mph or above. Traction control will remain off regardless of speed until the traction control button is pressed again (turning both systems back on) or the vehicle is restarted.

There’s a warning in the manual about when both systems are off the ability to damage your driveline is increased. Given the reputation of the driveshafts on these trucks, you might want to upgrade to a 5” aluminum shaft.

He floored it when he was just over 30 mph. Its not just traction control that's the problem, you can hear the wheels spinning every time traction control gives some freedom.

Anyone have proof about the driveshaft? I've read that it supposedly only happens on 2wd trucks. 4x4 cc/sb its supposed to be ok because the driveshaft is that much shorter? 

13 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

Thanks I was aware of how to turn traction control and StabiliTrack off. Video was me just playing around. I understand the concern on the driveshaft too. Thing to note is a crew cab 2WD truck has a considerably longer driveshaft than the crew cab 4WD truck like mine. I am planning on a two piece conversion in the near future. Thanks

Dyno - 409 HP and 426 TQ on 93 octane and Mustang Dyno.

Torque reading looks all over the place. He got 1-4 shifts spot on. Not happy about my clunk in drive-line, more noticeable now with bigger cam. Believe it will go back to tuner for some more refinement.

Dyno Graph.jpg

Dyno Detail.jpg