BTR Cam 223/228, .604"/.604", 114 LSA

Any tuning issues with yours? Especially when coming to a stop? (Driveline clang).

I know we talked about VVT in an earlier post and the info I got was contrary to yours.

When is spoke with Texas Speed, they stated in their testing during cam development, the spring in the VVT cam phaser was not as strong as previous generation LS motors. The LT phaser, when coupled with a new cam and stiffer springs, would become overwhelmed and cause piston slap under certain conditions. He highly recommended a 0 degree phaser block, disabling VVT.

I know you left 20 degrees of timing in your phaser. By any chance could the problems you’re experiencing with tuning be related to the VVT phaser being too weak for what you’re asking it to do?

46 minutes ago, 300 Blackout said:

I know we talked about VVT in an earlier post and the info I got was contrary to yours.

When is spoke with Texas Speed, they stated in their testing during cam development, the spring in the VVT cam phaser was not as strong as previous generation LS motors. The LT phaser, when coupled with a new cam and stiffer springs, would become overwhelmed and cause piston slap under certain conditions. He highly recommended a 0 degree phaser block, disabling VVT.

I know you left 20 degrees of timing in your phaser. By any chance could the problems you’re experiencing with tuning be related to the VVT phaser being too weak for what you’re asking it to do?

No. I am having a "tight converter" condition, not a cam retard issue. My tune has 7 degrees of cam retard that starts at 3800 RPM. (2 to 7 from 3800 to 6300). It has been spot on in all the logs.

13 hours ago, 6.2_GMC_DEN said:

Any tuning issues with yours? Especially when coming to a stop? (Driveline clang).

I’d say the only issue I have with it is that when coming to a stop with the “grade braking” active, the 2 to 1 shift isn’t pleasant sometimes. But most the time it has no issues when downshifting. Only sometimes does it seem to hang up in 2nd. Now if I turn the grade braking off then I have no issues at all.