• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:48 PM, Thejet07 said:

So I have the same issue. Had my radio replaced and still no luck. Funny thing, when it goes black or really dark, if you turn the headlight off auto and back on the display comes back most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it and it works like magic, but every month doing it almost 20 times is irritating, have you got it completely fixed? 

Or this is the 'only' solution....

On 9/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, Krista said:

We are having the same issue with our 2019 z71. This has happened probably 5 times already. Sometimes turning the truck off and back on fixes it but now it’s not coming on at all. Completely black screen so no touch screen functions working. 

Sounds like this is an issue GM/Chevy has known about for many years Impacting many models.  I have a 2016 Silverado w 21K miles! It’s a third vehicle so I don’t drive it often. Black screen, it’s now a brick. Seems that mileage has nothing to do w it though. I knew I shouldn’t have went back to Chevy.

On 9/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, Courtney said:

I am so glad it’s not just me! I was worried sick that I had done something wrong but my screen was black numerous times today and mine is a 2019 Duramax high country 

Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately you have a different system than the posters with the new 19 1500 body styles. You have the same as the 14-18 1500's.

The 2020 will have the updated informant system in them.

I would take it in under warranty and see what's up, pretty common problem.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, Chris Roll said:

My 2019 1500 Custom did this for the first time this morning on the way to work, radio continued to play, screen was just black. Went out at lunch and turned the key and it lit up like normal. This truck has less than 2,500 miles on it. I hope GM is looking into this.

I have the same truck and it has 8,000 miles now (bought at 7,000) it does this to me randomly. Most of the time when it happens it will be right when I turn the car on and the screen will just stay black. No music or anything and no button presses will turn it on. Sometimes it will randomly turn on after a few minutes, other times it will stay off. Turning the car off and on does nothing. The only thing that seems to work is turning the car off, getting out, locking it and waiting 10 or so minutes. It's a huge inconvenience if I don't have time to do so because I'm just driving with a black screen. I've had it stay black for 40+ minute drives. I also occasionally hear random clicking seeming to come from behind the infotainment system.

Just posted about this in another thread. My 2019 Custom has 4700 miles, this just happened to me last week. Shutting off/restarting the truck didn't work, turning Auto headlamps off & on didn't work, the only thing that worked was reseating fuse F41. I have an oil change coming up and I'll ask about software updates, although I don't think there are any available yet.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, Thejet07 said:

The solution they have is an update. Didn’t work for me as my screen went black on me again this morning. I’ve had it replaced and every update known to man. No fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replace the screen fix the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with my 2019 Chevy Silverado crew cab custom 4x4 truck. I'll be driving down the road and the radio screen goes black, the back up camera will still work and sometimes either the radio or pandora driving or sitting still ot will happen. I went to the dealer and they said if it's under warranty no problem,  but if not they want $130.00 for an hour to find the problem. That's a no can do for me, it should be no charge my wife and I have a 8 year bumper to bumper warranty plus we just purchased the truck on June 30th. 

I have had issues with the blank screens or wrong info on the screen. I have video of My clock going backwards up to 20 min at a time or only move in 2 minute intervals forwards. I’ve taken this to my case manager and told we will look into it.. never hear back.