Has anyone else had a problem with the radio/touch screen blacking out? Happened twice now and haven't even had my 2019 Gmc Sierra 1500 for a week.  Took it to the dealers today and System codes B101D/U18B4/U0155 came up said GM is working on it and just have to wait.  Also fish eye view has happened on backup camera has been happening.  Anyone else dealing with this or have found a fix?  

On 11/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, Bell040 said:

this happens to mines multiple times every time that I drive.  very annoying.  at first I thought the blinkers dont work when it is out, but they do blink... they just dont show you blinking from the DIC.  I hope this is not a safety concern.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Bell040. If you’re considering visiting your dealership, our team would be happy to provide an additional layer of support, while working alongside them. Please know, we’re only a private message away, if we can be of assistance.

Anthony J.

• 6 months later...

Happened twice. First time was leaving work restarted the truck and everything was ok after that. 

Second time today I was driving on highway 200 east. No cell service for miles and one single rest area in a 200 miles stretch and can't pull over easily. Radio got stock on with no channel and just white noises. Could not even turn the volume down. Restarting the truck didn't do it this time. Had to listen to that for 20min till I got to the rest area. Took feues 58 and 41 then put them back again. Hard rest it the infotainment 1 & 2

Not happy 2019 with 3000 miles Silverado and 1 month old

Going to update the system tomorrow

called the dealers - we have two of them here, the answer was wait till it happen again and bring it in - not sure what are they trying to accomplish I had a video showing what is happening.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mine has done this once in my 2 weeks of ownership. Started the truck and it was black but the radio and everything was working. Put the truck in reverse and the camera came on, put it back in park and it stayed working. Hasn't happened again "yet." Radio system shows no updates available so I guess my software is current.

My new 2019 GMC Sierra 1 month old  display screen went out twice on me.  I had to stop multiple times to restart my engine until it cleared up both times .  dealership has no clue on how to fix it.  is there any help out there 

Edited by Tailgate gmc

On 11/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Anthony,

I'm having a similar problem with my 3 week old 2019 Sierra SLT.

I think my vehicle may have been the exhibit truck for the New York Car Show.

Infotainment screen goes blank.

Can not get 360 degree camera to work.

Can not get the front view cameras st stay on when I put the car in drive.

My Riverhead NY dealership is at a total loss,

On 11/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hey, Cheryl. I’m sorry to hear about your infotainment concerns, especially so early into your vehicle ownership. Feel free to send us a private message, if you would like to discuss your situation in greater detail. Thank you. 

Anthony J.

• 2 weeks later...

20190909_162700.thumb.jpg.8ea566a9a3debb2b6540dd9a5d0ab238.jpg1400 miles on my 2019 Sierra SLT 1500 with the 6.2 and X31 package.

This black out to the infotainment screen happens on a regular basis. I have to turn the truck off and on several times to get it to work. On occasion the back up camera won't come on. I get a blue screen with a notice to service it.

20190823_100024.thumb.jpg.5debec8a5c3af298a1580604dcf749ee.jpg

The dealer has up dated the software twice and will no resolution. I'm waiting for my third up date.

The technician warned me it coul take a year or more for GMC to get these systems working right, yet they are still putting the same non functional units in the 2020s.

In addition, the system will not hold camera set up menu. I have to turn on the front camera manually every time I need it to park.

Edited by Yoda1