I had the black screen happen to me 3 times but it always came right back, today my wife pulled up and turned the 2020 Blazer off and the volume of the radio stayed at the level she had up but did not turn off the screen was black and no matter what i did it didn't stop playing. i was about to disconnect the battery when the 30 second timer shut it down, started the Blazer back up and no radio no nothing just a black screen, waited 10 minutes and all is working as it should and not happy with this just being 45 days old. I cant go to the dealer as i live in Louisiana and bought it in Texas and if i go there i have to self quarantine for 14 days. it is time we start asking where are the comps for having these issues.

20 minutes ago, Rick D said:

I had the black screen happen to me 3 times but it always came right back, today my wife pulled up and turned the 2020 Blazer off and the volume of the radio stayed at the level she had up but did not turn off the screen was black and no matter what i did it didn't stop playing. i was about to disconnect the battery when the 30 second timer shut it down, started the Blazer back up and no radio no nothing just a black screen, waited 10 minutes and all is working as it should and not happy with this just being 45 days old. I cant go to the dealer as i live in Louisiana and bought it in Texas and if i go there i have to self quarantine for 14 days. it is time we start asking where are the comps for having these issues.

You can go to any GM dealer for warranty work.  It doesn't have to be the dealer you purchased it from.

18 hours ago, Rick D said:

You can take a vehicle to ANY Chevrolet dealership in the country for free warranty service. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Trail Boss for 6 months it has 7k miles on it i have been dealing with this and the whole unit just frozen and i can do nothing no music, no touch screen... My dealer has changed the touch screen and power cord, didn't work, they recently changed out the whole radio and still no fix... i don't know the answer but i have spent a lot of time with no vehicle and taking time away from work to drop it off and pick it up it is getting frustrating.

18 hours ago, Juice098 said:

I have had my Trail Boss for 6 months it has 7k miles on it i have been dealing with this and the whole unit just frozen and i can do nothing no music, no touch screen... My dealer has changed the touch screen and power cord, didn't work, they recently changed out the whole radio and still no fix... i don't know the answer but i have spent a lot of time with no vehicle and taking time away from work to drop it off and pick it up it is getting frustrating.

Did they try replacing the USB port?  That fixed it for me.

I used have a Colodaro 2017 with multiple transmission issue never got fixed after 6 times in the dealer I got a letter from them that they di6have the remedy at the moment and I decided to change car and I bought a Silverado custom 2019 and now I have this issue with the stereo dealer already replace the entire display and still have this issue I don't know what to do. I should bought another car away from GM, but I do like GM cas please please get my car fix/solution.

Ugh this has just started to happen to me.  2019 TB. It all starts with Siri on Apple car play.  I try to get Siri to text or call someone and it gets all confused. 
Then the screen freezes.  Sometimes the mute button works, mostly it doesn’t. 
Today, Siri texted my husband for me then stopped.  My music started blasting, in mono out of the one speaker only on top of my dash. Volume buttons didn’t work anywhere.  It was top volume.  Luckily the mute button worked. 
If I shut my truck off and then restart it, all is well. Just sucks if I am driving. Ugh!! 

My 3-week-old 2020 GMC Sierra screen (with upgraded Bose system) went black this morning after I touched the screen to change stations. The radio still played but the infotainment screen was black. I turned the truck on and off several times and it finally started working. Just before it started working again the screen was sluggish like the infotainment system was overloaded with data. Ugg this looks like a common issue and If this happens again, I am calling the dealer. I videoed the issue with my cell phone as proof that it happened.   

The only way that I have been able to prevent this from happening to me,  is the following....When i get in the truck to start it , I put the keys in the ignition, then turn the keys to accessory position only, and wait. I’ll let the heads up display screen “cycle through”, and get fully past the “Chevrolet symbol”. Wait till the screen gets to the “home screen“, and then start the truck. When I start the truck the screen will go through one more cycle and go back to the home screen. THEN, I unlock my iPhone, and then plug it in. When I do this exact procedure, I never get a black out on the Silverado screen. However, if I just “jump in the truck and start it very quickly“, or plug the phone in during the boot up cycle, or while the phone is locked, I will get black screen.  doing the first method listed above, has been 100% fail safe. (For me). Three months without a black screen so far.

I don’t know if this will help others, but it has 100% fixed the problem for me

my assumption here is that as we start our trucks very quickly and the key slides past the “accessory“ position, the computer system starts booting up, but as it is turned past the accessory position rapidly, then to the “start\on“ position. The computer is powered off and then back on again very rapidly. The computer almost seems to “hiccup“. I don’t know if this helps anyone, but this has been my observation. It has 100% avoided the black out issue for me.

It’s almost like pressing the power button twice on your desktop computer very quickly. Not good for it.  

These are just my observations, and I do think it’s possibly a design error on the manufactures part. However, this seems to be a “workaround“. 

I hope this helps someone. 

The only way that I have been able to prevent this from happening to me,  is the following....When i get in the truck to start it , I put the keys in the ignition, then turn the keys to accessory position only, and wait. I’ll let the heads up display screen “cycle through”, and get fully past the “Chevrolet symbol”. Wait till the screen gets to the “home screen“, and then start the truck. When I start the truck the screen will go through one more cycle and go back to the home screen. THEN, I unlock my iPhone, and then plug it in. When I do this exact procedure, I never get a black out on the Silverado screen. However, if I just “jump in the truck and start it very quickly“, or plug the phone in during the boot up cycle, or while the phone is locked, I will get black screen.  doing the first method listed above, has been 100% fail safe. (For me). Three months without a black screen so far.

I don’t know if this will help others, but it has 100% fixed the problem for me

my assumption here is that as we start our trucks very quickly and the key slides past the “accessory“ position, the computer system starts booting up, but as it is turned past the accessory position rapidly, then to the “start\on“ position. The computer is powered off and then back on again very rapidly. The computer almost seems to “hiccup“. I don’t know if this helps anyone, but this has been my observation. It has 100% avoided the black out issue for me.

It’s almost like pressing the power button twice on your desktop computer very quickly. Not good for it.  

These are just my observations, and I do think it’s possibly a design error on the manufactures part. However, this seems to be a “workaround“. 

I hope this helps someone. 

Mine has push button start and screen will go black even if I dont have a phone connected or playing. It can happen with it on bluetooth or plugged in for android auto and happens pretty randomly. There are lots of little electrical gremlins with this infotainment which is probably why GM has no real idea how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Good luck with the infotainment system in your new Ram. They're notoriously bad, too. 

Yep I had a 2019 Rebel with the 12” screen. Never again. That truck had other electrical issues and I got rid of that thing as fast as I could. However I do have the black screen that started today on my Silverado. 

• Like 1

this has been happening to my truck for 8 months radio and sometimes dash goes black , cant control radio or nothing , like its froze, chevy techs say there's no code so they cant fix, book mechanics not real mechanics any more, nothing they can do until they see it for them selfs , never happens near a chevy garage, took pics and showed them , and now they say that several are like this ,they cant figure it out, buyer beware , all i can do is document every time this happens and i guess go for the lemon law, cause chevy techs are not smart enough to figure it out. 14000 miles only and nothing but a headache.

12 hours ago, big hoss said:

this has been happening to my truck for 8 months radio and sometimes dash goes black , cant control radio or nothing , like its froze, chevy techs say there's no code so they cant fix, book mechanics not real mechanics any more, nothing they can do until they see it for them selfs , never happens near a chevy garage, took pics and showed them , and now they say that several are like this ,they cant figure it out, buyer beware , all i can do is document every time this happens and i guess go for the lemon law, cause chevy techs are not smart enough to figure it out. 14000 miles only and nothing but a headache.

What exactly would you expect a "real mechanic" to do about a problem with the computer in your dash that they've only seen a picture of on your phone? 

2020 RST - issue happened the first week I had a truck.  Backed the truck into the garage screen black next day battery dead. Aside from back screen I get an extra pre step to the black screen the wifi modem or router will not initialized. One day I have LTE the next morning it doesn't turn on. OnStar tried resetting it, they can't , pulled the battery everything came back. Restarting the truck fixes the black screen but 27 times over owning the truck less than 2 months is ridiculous. Also it hates remote starts. If I remotes start it just accelerates the problem to no internet or faster black screens. 

Took it to the dealer - feedback we can't replicate the problem bring it in under the condition. Technician took it on test drives. Super angry.