• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bill Youngpeter said:

2019 Sliverado 79,300 miles.  Radio screen sometimes doesn't come on, maybe once a week.  Today it went dark and would not come on.  When I opened the drivers door and turned off truck the screen appeared for a second or two then faded to dark.  Dealer (service) said it might be sleeping.  Turn truck off for 15-20 minutes.  Working now but no confidence.  Backup camera continued to work. 

I have 2019 Crew Cab WT 4x4. Mine (IOR) does exactly same thing plus frozen screen and sudden ramping to the max volume. To enjoy music/listen to radio while driving, sometimes I have to park and wait for 15~20 minutes with engine off. This is my first Chevy... I had never had this kind issue for the past 30 years with other cars/SUVs. Again, dealer already changed my radio right after 1st oil change, but the same issue has occurred likely once a week. Dealer does not know what the cause is. I don't understand why Chevy cannot figure it out what is going on, though tons of people experience "EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE". Is Chevy incompetent, unwilling, ignoring, or all?

Edited by Interleukin6

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2020 Silverado Texas Edition in September 2020. I have also had the black screen issue AND the screen freezes randomly. Ive taken back to the dealership at least 5 times since September and no update seems to fix the problem. I’ve been told it could be a phone issue, but I’m in disagreement with that. I’ve used my phone on Bluetooth and CarPlay in other vehicles and NEVER had any issues. It’s a shame that I’ve spent so much money on a brand new vehicle and I can’t even use the features that comes in it. Sounds like GM needs to get it together end fix everybody’s issues.

• 1 month later...

We have the same issue! Its been flickering  and going black for over a year now. My son has had our truck back to the dealer several times,  it still isn't fixed and they say it's fine. It is not fine! But now the warranty is out, Chevrolet is still responsible for fixing that!! But how do we get them to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What’s the latest update? My infotainment system says December 2020. Is there a newer one? My 2021 Sierra will boot up but have no volume no matter what I press. Happened three times in the last month.

I’ve been able to bring my 2020 in 3 times with the screen out.  The dealership has a new head unit on order but it will take a month to get it in.  In the meantime I went to the lemon law section of GM website and have started my case.  Who knows how long this is going to take.  My coworkers 2019 LT, all of his electronic system took a dive when he was driving.  Another coworker, 2020 LT, his Pistons blew up.   

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, Courtney said:

I am so glad it’s not just me! I was worried sick that I had done something wrong but my screen was black numerous times today and mine is a 2019 Duramax high country 

I have 2020 Silverado with Max Trailering package and Trailing App software. My Trailering App screen will be randomly blank with and without 7-pin travel trailer connected. The blank screen will usually clear and start working again if truck is off for a period of time, such as getting gas.  But, may be blank again following next stop. Dealer tech told me TSB PIT5792 is out, but tech will not perform the "Return to Factory Defaults" in the radio Settings menu, as stated in TSB, because GM software engineering will not give him permission. Fortunately, dealer tech did open a service case with GM/Chevy and told me it will probably be several months before there is a reply. So, I opened a Chevy customer service case too, but they closed it right away saying dealing has one open and there is nothing more to do but wait. Customer service told me software engineering is aware of multiple vehicles with this problem and they are working on a software solution. Really upsets me that this has apparently been happening since 2019 model year and 2022 model year trucks will soon be out. Is this problem really a priority for Chevy if there is no solution after 3 years? Maybe we need to ask for a refund of those options. 

This happened to me last week.  I shut off the truck and restarted.  Still would not work.  Shut off for 5 minutes and restarted truck.  Did not work.  Disconnected battery and that worked.  Lord don't tell me I will have this electrical/chip issue as well as radio settings resetting to default daily.  Will not bode well for repeat GM customers.

STARTING MY LEMON LAW CLAIM:   After multiple attempts to get my intermittent screen going blank in my 2019 Silverado, I have decided to move forward with a Lemon Law claim and am working with a lawyer.    He feels confident that he can get GM to buy back my truck for what I paid for it.    Unfortunately, I've also spent money to upgrade the rims, install a tonneau cover, running boards, etc.   But, I'd prefer not to have to deal with this on a truck that I'd like to drive for 1-15 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:57 AM, CHERYLLYNN said:

Has anyone else had a problem with the radio/touch screen blacking out? Happened twice now and haven't even had my 2019 Gmc Sierra 1500 for a week.  Took it to the dealers today and System codes B101D/U18B4/U0155 came up said GM is working on it and just have to wait.  Also fish eye view has happened on backup camera has been happening.  Anyone else dealing with this or have found a fix?  

Same thing happening on my 2020 trail boss