BAK MX4 Installed.

I can say im happy. Good black friday deal. Auto up and down tailgate works perfectly with thd cover and it folds and lets the rearview camera still work... happy with the addition.  Also added the rear mud flaps because i cant figure out why it came with every other flap except the rear ones...

20181130_162103.jpg

Edited by Pyrojodge

12 hours ago, Pyrojodge said:

I can say im happy. Good black friday deal. Auto up and down tailgate works perfectly with thd cover and it folds and lets the rearview camera still work... happy with the addition.  Also added the rear mud flaps because i cant figure out why it came with every other flap except the rear ones...

20181130_162103.jpg

How much did you pay for that thing on black friday?

Glad it fit.  Definitely looks great.

I had a lot of trouble with my Bak X4.  They finally redesigned it after lots of arguments, pictures, and measurements and sent me a new one that is over an inch longer than the first version.  It is still too Narrow (I used 1/8 spacers) but they insist my bed is wonky and that their measurements are correct.  

My G2 fit fine. As with the last one I bought for my Duramax,  their quality control sucks. This one had the weatherstrip curled up on 2 corners just like the last one. I shouldn't have to fix something brand new. 

I removed mine from my 2017 short bed and installed it on the 2019 short bed and I have found that it is about half an inch shorter than I would like. Sides are fine. I've got the bulkhead seal as far back as I can go and the final section barely touches the tailgate.

• 3 weeks later...

truck2.JPG.b198078c883f6ec06c736c7314b6e8d0.JPG

truck3.thumb.JPG.ee07cb02aa18f0dbc9f2950117160282.JPG

I bought the GMC soft tri-fold and it works great with the automatic tail gate. my Rugged tonneau from my 2015 fit but the gate would not open automatically. I sold my 2015 with the cover so I had to by the new one $600 I installed it in 20 minutes. Tried an extang 2.0 but it also would interfere with the gate opening. Not a big deal just have to pull on the gate slightly to open. But I figured with the fob button it is useful to not have to put my tools down to open the gate.

Edited by keith4x4dbl

I bought the GMC soft tri-fold and it works great with the automatic tail gate. my Rugged tonneau from my 2015 fit but the gate would not open automatically. I sold my 2015 with the cover so I had to by the new one $600 I installed it in 20 minutes. Tried an extang 2.0 but it also would interfere with the gate opening. Not a big deal just have to pull on the gate slightly to open. But I figured with the fob button it is useful to not have to put my tools down to open the gate.
Can you post pictures, please?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I have the Bak MX4 also.  One thing that is different from my other covers is the last 6"panel by the cab is fixed in place.  Where my other covers would give full bed access when folded against the cab, this one does not.

Pyrojodge, that was a fantastic deal you got.