2018 sierra 1500 curb hit

Hey all so my stupid self driving through parking lot at the mall less than 2000 miles on the truck doing about 15 mph hit a curb up and over it. In my defense it just snowed 7 inches couldn't see the thing. Should I be worried about anything being wrecked? First new vehicle so pretty paranoid now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If it still drives straight and there isnt any vibration at highway speed id say you are ok, the worst u may have done at that speed is scuff a rim 
Ya I didn't scuff the rim so that's good I hit it dead on though the curb it was one of those curbs that they put up to separate parking between stores like a foot wide by 4-5 inches high. So that's kinda what's making me worry abit.

I did take it on the hiway though after and it didn't wonder or anything it seemed.

Dont worry then, the parts that could of been damaged by a harder impact like that would of been evident driving down the road after the impact, ie bent rim, bent tie rod, bent sway bar just to name a few but like i said the damage that would of been possible would of shown up immefiately by a shake or vibration while driving, but even if you had a shake or vibration after that it could be something as simple as snow packed on the inside of the rim but i belive you are ok

Alignment issues and/or bent knuckle would be the main things I’d worry about.

Easily checked - is the steering wheel straight when the truck is driving straight?
Is your tire wear normal or not?

In all likelihood it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pronstar, he just did it so he wouldnt notice tire wear , but i said basically same thing as long as its driving straight and not vibrating or shaking, i didnt list evey part that could be damaged just a few, but i didnt know if you knew that he JUST did it , thats why i said about not showing tire wear, plz dont take this as a attack i was just wondering if you knew it JUST happened thats all, obviously the more eyes on the situation the better for all us :)

• Like 1

Dont worry then, the parts that could of been damaged by a harder impact like that would of been evident driving down the road after the impact, ie bent rim, bent tie rod, bent sway bar just to name a few but like i said the damage that would of been possible would of shown up immefiately by a shake or vibration while driving, but even if you had a shake or vibration after that it could be something as simple as snow packed on the inside of the rim but i belive you are ok
Thanks gonna actually get it on the hiway today make sure it's not shaking or nothing at speed.

I had a curb jump out in front of me once,   seriously though, I would take it in for a evaluation, just in case. Have them put it on a lift and do a thorough inspection. It's new,  so check it out. 
Ya I'm thinking I'm gonna pop into the local dealer have them check it out just for peace of mind gonna get it on the hiway this morning see if it shakes at all at hiway speeds but ultimately would still like someone to look it over.

It's unlikely there is anything wrong at all.  But, if you're worried, don't hesitate to have the alignment inspected, which will reveal if any of the adjustments have shifted, or something got slightly bent. 

17 minutes ago, Sharp780 said:

Thanks gonna actually get it on the hiway today make sure it's not shaking or nothing at speed.

Your very welcome, also get on a straight stretch of road and carefully let go of the wheel ,it should stay moving pretty straight for a while (pending the road is smooth and not pitched heavy one way or the other) 

Your very welcome, also get on a straight stretch of road and carefully let go of the wheel ,it should stay moving pretty straight for a while (pending the road is smooth and not pitched heavy one way or the other) 
At first it seemed like the balance was off but we got a pile of snow here so went and washed everything out and seems good I booked it in for a once over tomorrow just for peace of mind.

glad to hear it, 

2 hours ago, Sharp780 said: