High Country and Part Number Questions

Ok i am starting to sway to the Chevy side and I am liking the High Country

Few questions

1. Anyone remove the giant HC badges? How much of a PITA are they to remove? Any paint scratches from removing? I have removed smaller badges for reference.

2. Anyone swap to painted door handles. I cannot live with the chrome handles (or door trim see #3). Anyone have a part number for the satin steel?

3. Anyone swap the chrome door/window trim or know if it can be? I cannot live with the chrome handles (or door trim see #3). Anyone have a part number for the satin steel?

4. The HC Comes with wheel to wheel chrome side steps (or the power steps which I dont want). Any way to get all black? Dealer swap maybe?

I for one will not understand why they do body colored rear bumper and mirror caps and leave other chrome on [emoji35]

5. There is a $1295 suspension upgrade option (Trailboss/AT4 pkg) you can order as an accessory. Anyone purchase this when ordering? Is this cost installed?

Thanks!

Ryan B.

I'll be removing my HC badges when I get the truck, they are just like every other badges I've removed, heat and patience will be your best result in getting them off with out scratching. 

On 1/5/2019 at 12:49 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Ok i am starting to sway to the Chevy side and I am liking the High Country

Few questions

1. Anyone remove the giant HC badges? How much of a PITA are they to remove? Any paint scratches from removing? I have removed smaller badges for reference.

2. Anyone swap to painted door handles. I cannot live with the chrome handles (or door trim see #3). Anyone have a part number for the satin steel?

3. Anyone swap the chrome door/window trim or know if it can be? I cannot live with the chrome handles (or door trim see #3). Anyone have a part number for the satin steel?

4. The HC Comes with wheel to wheel chrome side steps (or the power steps which I dont want). Any way to get all black? Dealer swap maybe?

I for one will not understand why they do body colored rear bumper and mirror caps and leave other chrome on emoji35.png

5. There is a $1295 suspension upgrade option (Trailboss/AT4 pkg) you can order as an accessory. Anyone purchase this when ordering? Is this cost installed?

Thanks!

Ryan B.

It sounds like an RST or Trail Boss may be more fitting for you.  The RST is all body color and the Trail Boss is blacked out with the 2" lift.  Honestly, you can order the Trail Boss as I did with almost all of the options that the High Country has except the 6.2, power up tailgate, and safety package 2.

Local dealer gave me this info today (Did not provide part numbers

Suspension Upgrade is $1295 plus $500 install (5 hrs labor)

Door Handles and Window Trim $905 (I think this is absurd) plus $600 Install, this could e fair to remove all the door panels and such.  

$3300 for all.  

I haven't taken apart one of these trucks obviously but that seems nuts. Most vehicles with these door handles have a bolt accessed by removing a plug on the side of the door and the whole thing pivots out. Window trim I'm not as sure on. The lower stuff likely just snaps on, upright probably does too but I'm less certain. 

I'm having the dealer remove them for me.  They removed the pinstripe that was on my 2013 Camaro when I purchased it.  I had to wait an hour and a half in the lobby but it was done and looked great. You couldn't tell there were pinstrips on it and it was black. 

I'll be putting my chrome door handles on ebay once I get my black ones put on. 

I already have black offroad steps for it, so again my chrome steps will be for sale as well.

The window trim from my understanding is hard to remove so using Shadowlinetrim looks like the way to go.  Since it will be in the garage this stuff should last a long time.

The only other thing is the grill.  I'm having a hard time finding one that I can paint black that has the camera on it.  I might have to see how painting this one will look.  A little more work but if done right it should look fine.

Another dealer tells me

Lift cannot be put on a HC

Door handles only available in chrome

Trim can’t be replaced

I would have to powder coat or line x the side steps

[emoji35]

Ryan B.

• 3 months later...

I was in the same boat. I wanted the 6.2, but like the RST styling better. I would prefer the body colored door handles and trim but I can live with it for the bigger motor. Plus the lease incentives on the high country are absurdly good right now. 

I removed all the high country logos (3 of them), the 6.2 emblems, and the Silverado text. The stuff on the tailgate came off pretty easily. The fender badges were a bit more of a pain, bit the 6.2L emblems were the biggest pain. Not sure why. Used a heat gun, fishing line, some goo gone, and a lot of patience. 

Added the black bowtie, and put some black vinyl overlays on the wheel bowties to eliminate the gold Happy with it for now. Might try vinyling the door handles at some point. I did it on my last vehicle. I'll add some pics of the debadged look later.

Also just vinyled the interior trim to match the rest of the metallic gloss brown trim, as I hated the fake wood. I'll prob just make a thread for that though.

39365.jpeg

39363.jpeg

And little brother...

39367.jpeg

Edited by cullan