Infotainment screen problems

Anyone else having any issues with infotainment screen doing strange things, I've had this issue with the bottom of screen on three occasions now. First time was when I was driving home from dealer, shut truck off and restarted and it was ok, about two weeks later it did it again and stayed that way all day, next morning it was ok, did it again today and so far has stayed that way. also started getting message on DIC that steering assist is reduced, service ESC. The lines on the camera when truck is in reverse also quit working. Just got a survey from GM on what I think of quality, think I will hold off for a while before taking it.

IMG_1919 truck.JPG

This is a complete shot in the dark, swag, out of left field, whatever guess...

The last generation had a number of quirky electrical and computer problems that were traced back to a bad ground (matting or insulation under the dash preventing clean contact?)

Could this be happening here again?

M.

I'm willing to bet hardware wise that infotainment setup is the same exact one i have in my 2014. Keep adding onto older gen tech and it's bound to give issues. That looks more like a internal graphical glitch then it being a faulty ground.

Not the kind of news I was hoping to find on this forum. Geez. I just got my truck 4 days ago. Not even 300 miles on it yet. Driving down the road today the Infotainment system rebooted.  Screen went almost entirely black with a very small type "System restarting". A bit disconcerting since I just watched a GM video last night about how the update process works - and it claimed it would never reboot while you are driving. 

It came back up and is functioning, all except for no longer displaying the outside temperature.

Is this what I can expect from this truck? I have a long trip planned 2 days from now. Should I take my 11 year old Nissan Frontier with 157,000 miles on it? 

I am having issues with the screen on the dashboard... sometimes, when I first start the truck, while the Chevrolet emblem is still displayed, the screen flashes. All else seems to be working, but this has me uneasy that a bigger problem is lurking... 

27 minutes ago, mbr2ooo said:

I am having issues with the screen on the dashboard... sometimes, when I first start the truck, while the Chevrolet emblem is still displayed, the screen flashes. All else seems to be working, but this has me uneasy that a bigger problem is lurking... 

Mine has been doing the same thing. There is a software update that the dealer can do that supposedly fixes the issue, I just haven't gotten there yet.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Thanks for your extremely helpful reply...........

Your welcome. Not gonna lie you made me chuckle pretty good today. In all seriousness tho, guys are buying a new model year truck experience some issues come to a forum and rant about issues. It’s a risk you take. I know I’ve been there when I purchased my 2014 and now my 2018 L5P. Life’s too short to bitch and complain about. In the end it’s just a truck and it’s just money, trucks can be replaced and money can be made. Don’t sweat the small stuff. That’s what warranty and the dealers are for. If your not getting the survice or the dealer is dicking you around change dealers. Everyone has that option. If that still not solving issues switch brands. I hope your dealer and everyone else that has a 2019 gets there trucks all solved and taken care of. I didn’t mean to cause any waves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KozzyJr said:

Your welcome. Not gonna lie you made me chuckle pretty good today. In all seriousness tho, guys are buying a new model year truck experience some issues come to a forum and rant about issues. It’s a risk you take. I know I’ve been there when I purchased my 2014 and now my 2018 L5P. Life’s too short to bitch and complain about. In the end it’s just a truck and it’s just money, trucks can be replaced and money can be made. Don’t sweat the small stuff. That’s what warranty and the dealers are for. If your not getting the survice or the dealer is dicking you around change dealers. Everyone has that option. If that still not solving issues switch brands. I hope your dealer and everyone else that has a 2019 gets there trucks all solved and taken care of. I didn’t mean to cause any waves. 

In all seriousness it's hard to take you seriously when the only person ranting on the thread you complain about ranting in is the guy with only one post.

22 minutes ago, Daverado said:

In all seriousness it's hard to take you seriously when the only person ranting on the thread you complain about ranting in is the guy with only one post.

There is multiple threads and post about different issues that have occurred with the new 2019. Ps I’m not complaining about anything or anyone. All I did was state a simple fact. New model years equal issues and bug. That’s what warranty is for.