P0430 Code after Lifter failure

Last week I dropped off my truck to the dealership for a horrible misfire. It was determined that cylinder #4 lifter had failed. All lifters were replaced on the passenger side and truck was ready to go Friday. Saturday morning the check engine light comes on but truck seemingly is running fine. Mind you, I live about 10 miles from the dealership.  I checked the code and its P0430. Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold, Bank 2.

Now,  bank 2 is the side the collapsed lifter was on. My question is, should this be covered under the warranty work that covered the Lifter replacement? I would believe the O2 Sensor and/or Catalytic Converter failed due to the lifter going out on that side. 

I'm just looking for opinions here as I wait the phone call from the dealer.  I fully expect them to say this repair is on my dime. 

Im assuming the the truck is out of the bumper to bumper warranty. I believe the powertrain warranty on the 2014 models is 100,000 miles or 5 years. HOWEVER, i think only the the shortblock/tranny/rear end is covered under the powertrain warranty, I dont think the valvetrain is covered. Look up the 2014 powertrain warranty online, but make sure to read the fine print on the bottom, Which excludes certain parts from the motor, and transmission.

I did a little more research, and it seems that the valvetrain is infact part of the powertrain warranty of 5 years, or 100,000 miles. I dont know how well of a relationship you have with your dealer but i wouldn't leave them alone until it is fixed on their dime.

alot of people dont even know their vehicle has a separate warranty aside from the bumper to bumper warranty.

17 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Sometimes a dealer will apply the " Good Will " warranty.

Happened with me on my 05 Avalanche. I received a new transmission at 40k just out of the standard 3/36 warranty.

They don't have "Good Will" anymore. They run the "calculator." Dealer gets warranty labor time and warranty parts prices and plugs them into the "calculator." GM then spits out the amount they will put towards the repair and the customer is responsible for the rest. Sometimes, just maybe, you get the repair covered in full...

As soon as you have the classic signs of a stuck AFM lifter you should pull over and shut it down as soon as is safe to do so. The guys that end up with major damage are the ones that tried to limp the truck home. Better yet, just use a tuner and disable AFM. The fuel savings is so insignificant for most of us that it isn't worth it.

13 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Better yet, just use a tuner and disable AFM. The fuel savings is so insignificant for most of us that it isn't worth it.

Had a Diablo on order when my lifter went bad. Got truck back yesterday evening and immediately installed a tune disabling the AFM. Just having that off, I noticed a big difference in the drive-ability of the truck today in the short time Ive had behind the wheel.  Its so nice to mash the gas peddle and have it respond right away and not flutter for a second while it switched out of 4cly and down shifts.  

• Like 1