Mychevy app, straight garbage....alternatives?

Consistently receiving errors when I start the truck...yes I've updated my phone, yes I've updated the app, yes I've deleted and reinstalled the app. I've contacted onstar, and Chevy directly to no avail. If I stay in the app, it will start the truck and indicate as such about 80% of the time. About the same 80% success rate is had when I attempt to start the truck then exit the app, it then will start the truck, but give me a notification that "your truck has not started" even though it has.

Are there any alternate apps that can utilize the factory remote start?

Include what Phone you are using.  I myself have the app in an Iphone8 plus, and on and Samsung s9 plus.

Both Phones to the latest OS. I have never had any issues like you speak of with the App.  It even works off of my iPad.

So details on your Phone may help use help you.

16 minutes ago, Jaycreek7908 said:

Samsung Galaxy S8 on AT&T

I have the app on a sumsung J3 (cheap POS phone) and have never had an error on this phone or my older one I had before. I don't think the app is the problem.

Are you using it from a wifi connection? from a cellular connection? do you have a good signal when you are trying to use it?

Try having your wife/gf/roommate/mom/kid put the app on their phone and try it out.

11 minutes ago, Jaycreek7908 said:

Samsung Galaxy S8 on AT&T

Go into you settings -> apps -> and scroll till you find the app MyChevrolet or myGMC

Make sure notification are allowed and location services are on and enabled. This app acts up if the location service is on.

Data Usage allow Background data usage.

Storage you can clear Cache.   If you clear the Data you will have to login and set things up they way you want again.

App version I have is 3.16.1 (2677)

Now to be forceful about it.

You can also do a force stop and uninstall from here I would cycle the Phone before a reinstall as you are having issues with this app.

Also note that you can go into Setting -> Notifications -> MyChevrolet Even if it's enabled click on it and ensure it's enabled  On , App Icon Badges on, MyChevrolet has a sound set

Hope this helps it sound more like setting issue or a bad or corrupt install.

I have used this app on three different I phones, currently an 8 and in my last three trucks and have never had an issue. I would be upset also as the main reason I keep on star is so I can start my truck from anywhere when at work so it's warmed up when ready to leave. If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as posted above I would suggest that though not sure that will solve your issue. Good luck

1 minute ago, Booger T said:

I have used this app on three different I phones, currently an 8 and in my last three trucks and have never had an issue. I would be upset also as the main reason I keep on star is so I can start my truck from anywhere when at work so it's warmed up when ready to leave. If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as posted above I would suggest that though not sure that will solve your issue. Good luck

I stated in the OP that I've tried that

Yours is the first time I've heard of a problem w/ the app.  Sorry for your issue; I'd be upset too if it didn't work correctly for me.  I've used an iPhone SE and my current Galaxy S9+ and have no issues with either.  With the knowledge above, I'm at a loss as to what you can try next.

Edited by OldBlue61
Spelling - d'oh!

• 2 years later...